Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Greeting to all and to all HELLO!!!

For any (and all) of you who may use Inkscape for any part of designing; Inkscape has recently released an updated version 1.0, and it is now available. Here is the link to download the version of OS that you need: www.inkscape.org

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: zathros

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I feel like a chimp scraping on a rock compared to you guys! I had a lot of problems with my old laptop trying to use gimp, corel and inkscape, is there any way I could make temp. files on line and work a few things there, to see if I like it. please?

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
I feel like a chimp scraping on a rock compared to you guys! I had a lot of problems with my old laptop trying to use gimp, corel and inkscape, is there any way I could make temp. files on line and work a few things there, to see if I like it. please?
There are many tutorials on both the Inkscape website as well as YouTube. I would suggest purchasing an inexpensive USB monitor for your laptop. Have the tutorial video play on the USB screen and have the actual program on the laptop screen, and follow along that way.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013

I know money is tight, but put feelers out there,, you have no idea how many people are looking for someone to give the Laptop they no longer need too. If you don't ask, you won't get it. What kind of Laptop do you have. If you give me the model Numer, I may e able to find out some things you can do with it to improve it. Very simple things can mess up a laptop. SOmetimes setting the machine back to day one fixes all the problems. You have to have the back up software,, or a built in partition with the day one Image on it. You would have to bak up all your stuff too. It's a pain, but I have saved many laptops by doing that. Usuallly it's a screwed up Micro$oft update. ;)

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I have a HP I bought back at Christmas time. I would have to dig thru papers to find all that. I LIKE THE DUEL MONITER APPROACH !!!

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
The duel monitor system helps me out greatly. I have used it for so many things. In my honest opinion, it is really worth the investment.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Dual monitors. You can plug a monitor into you Laptop and use your Laptop monitor, with the attached monitor. You should have a connection for that, it does not have to be USB and you will have a better picture. Probably a HDMI plug in back of the H.P.. I just set my wife's up like that. I can actually hook up 6 monitors to my PC. I had 3 at one time, but because where I have it now, I am back down to one. 3 monitors made Microsoft Flight Simulator and X-Plane a blast. I learned how to navigate on that machine and solo'd in 18 hours on a Piper Warrior. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I am going to download this program. I didn't know it was free. and did not know you could animate gears. I wonder what format it uses. I'll find out soon. :)

Reactions: Revell-Fan

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
The most beautiful sword is one that can remain in it's sheath. I have weapons, I have a very technical interest in them. I have the tooling to make guns from scratch, but I just watched a video of a very young well known in his neighborhood Black youth murdered by an ex-cop, ex-detective, shot with a .357 magnum and shotgun murdered on the streets while the ex cop's friend, in another vehicle videoed the whole process, and they walk the streets free. That's premeditated, that's murder. If they really though this man, who as next to his mother's house was a robbery suspect, the could have physically held him down. Like the cowards they were,, they out manned this kid, and shot him to death for absolutely no reason, but then again, it was Georgia. I know many people from Georgia, they tell me there is a long time problem down there called racism that seems to be passed on by parents to children. I can take a 3/4" down of wood, and I assure you, I can detain anyone I have ever met with it, if they are only in a T-shirt and shorts, wearing sneakers.

I know a lot of people who are proficient in weaponry, but the amount of them that I would trust to do the right thing if coming upon a situation where a kid, with just a T-shirt, shorts, and sneakers on is being beaten, and about to be shot with a shotgun and .357 would pull out their weapons to intercede drops to virtually nil.

I don't make this stuff up.

I am a person of "color". I make it a point to know the police of the small Connecticut towns I have lived in because the racism up here is like a church fart, "Silent but deadly". At least they know who I am and have come to trust me, especially as I have saved the lives of two people in this town, and most embarrassing was that it made the news papers. I pity the other people of color who drive around viewing the beautiful picturesque houses and lakes where I live. In the Summer, I see them getting pulled over all the time.

Rhaven, weapons can't be your religion, they are inanimate objects. They are tools. I think you just like them a real lot. So do I. I think that blade weapons are fantastic for the skill that goes into making them. I like rifles more than handguns. I wish I could shoot a longbow like you can, but having a ruptured Thoracic disc makes that impossible.

A very good friend of mine is a U.S. Marshall for homeland Security. He was on my property, and we were walking around my Barn. I asked him, how many weapons do you see here. He pointed out around 40 objects that he considered extremely effective at killing someone. Just things around the yard. Almost anything can be made into a weapon. My hands are registered with the police as deadly weapons because of an incident. I had to take someone down who was attacking a helpless person. I was not charged, I was commended, but because of the method I used, they said they considered me to be in that category.

It would do me no good if someone decided that in if I, wearing a T-shirt, shorts and sneakers, looked like a robbery suspect and decided to murder me. No weapon you own can protect you from being blind sided like that., no matter how proficient you are in them.

Preachy post, but the flavor of it in the present climate disturbed me for some reason. Get the economy going, it'll just cost a couple of 100,000 lives. You canot serve God and Mammon (Money).

Inkscape, we need a tutorial section for Inkscape. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Revell-Fan

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Then again I am proficient in all small arms and edged weaponry.
Weapons are my religion.
I apologize for this post. I meant it in reference to the Star Wars Series "The Mandalorian". In the series, the Mandalorians have the motto "Weapons are my religion". I have always believed that the human mind is the most powerful tool that has ever been created. The human mind has created everything that we have. That is the reason why I have the signature: "If it can be thought of, it can be done!". Granted, I am very well versed in weaponology (both in historical and practical application). With that being said, I have always believed that using a weapon is an ABSOLUTE LAST RESORT. I was in private law enforcement for ten years, and I have never had to use my firearm. Not many can say that.
Once again, I apologize if my post has given the wrong impression.

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Bach to the topic at hand, I can open a section specifically for tutorials for Inkscape, if there is interest and if there are members who have experience in this program.