I'm tired, need a vacation.

goodduck

I started the build roughly 2 ½ ~ 3 yrs ago, got really fustigated with the hull. So, like many other models I started, I give up and went on to something else. But , with the all new Bandai 1/500 Yamato 2199 sitting on my workbench + the live action movie that I watched about 10x and new ref and anime 2199 art of books, I was ready for other try. What you see here took about couple months of leisure time, next is adding glue tabs. To be continue, when……..

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 30
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    368.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 28

goodduck

continue, when……..

Attachments

• 91.jpg
    91.jpg
    680.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 92.jpg
    92.jpg
    515.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 93.jpg
    93.jpg
    480.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 93.jpg
    93.jpg
    480.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 95.jpg
    95.jpg
    445.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 96.jpg
    96.jpg
    535.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 97.jpg
    97.jpg
    587.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 98.jpg
    98.jpg
    620 KB · Views: 27
  • 99.jpg
    99.jpg
    373 KB · Views: 26
  • 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 26

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
This is ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR!!!
I have always liked "Space Battleship Yamato" ("Star Blazers" in the US). It was one of the first Japanese animais that I watched on a regular basis.
This takes me back to my childhood. I remember when the show first came to Seattle. I would watch it EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!
Needless to say, I will be following this thread!!!
I am GREATLY looking forward to seeing how this will turn out.
Thank you very much for starting this project!!!!

ENJOY your vacation!!!

DAVESTAR

WOW! I need a vacation from just thinking about all those little parts! That is an awesome talent to be able to create these models - I really wish I could do that.
Thanks for sharing.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What a wonderful day! :)

Yesterday I watched the movie version again and today you are bringing us such a beautiful thread... Thank you so much!

I like the Cosmo Zero and the Black Tiger squad from the movie most. Are you going to make them, too? (PLEASE!!! :) )

And happy holidays! :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I went through some folders and found around 20, 90% complete models. I think we suffer from the same problem, but for different reasons, (you work hard, I don't!). Looks great. You get Rhino 5.0 yet? I think you would like the differences. Seems to work better. There are some camera animations you can now run. The animations files are way to big to load, but can make for interesting animated camera fly-by's. The model is fantastic. Everything looks like it will unfold, and go right back together, with much work from the builder! Beautiful job, if you decide not to complete it, I will put this thread under "Renders and Illustrations", in a section filled with your incredible work. :)

goodduck

Thank you all. It is a tough model to build. I didn’t think building ship would be this hard. Without the plastic model as reference and the art of books I would not get this far. Even so with so much reference on hand, it is still not 100% accurate – both intentionally and lack of skill. I still need to design the stand and with so much stuff coming out of the bottom that going to be easy for me.

I run Rhino 4.0 still. Not going to buy the 5. I got the Cintiq 24HD touch some time ago and the laptop is not a good match for it. I need a desktop to run that 24” Cintiq. I’m looking to buy a Alienware Aurora to plug the Cintiq in. I also eyeballing the Makerbot Replicator z18 so I going need all the money available, Rhino 5 can wait.

Sorry I forget to add, The Ship is in 1/350 scale, about 30.6+" long.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Alan, you can get Rhino 5.0, 64 bit, for $199, as you have a child in school. It is the full commercial version, and you can load it on 3 computers!!

I will be putting in the 8 core 5 Ghz AMD processor in my computer and updating the video card to 2G's of DDDR5, Probably an ATI R7 series. I cannot stand laptops. I plan to build a portable full blown computer soon. It will have a battery, a 12 volt Lawnmower battery w/120volt inverter. The computer will be around 6" thick, 28" wide, and 20" tall. I should be able to squeeze two 24" monitors in it. I'm always near a plug, so that is not a consideration. :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
OK, I know that this is the English version (which is what I grew watching :D), but I thought that this would give you a bit of encouragement (and a smile :D) to drive on with this project!!!