I'm back!

SD90

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I've posted. I have checked in once and a while, but been very busy with moving and getting the new place all finished. Now that that's all done, it's time to start planning the new layout! I've started building the benchwork for the main yard/staging yard. It will be 46' long x 2' wide.
The new layout will be a single level point to point with a working staging yard at each end. I'm not sure on the length of run yet, it should be between 140'- 200', with 3 passing sidings along the way. The main yard will have 9 arrival tracks and 7 depature tracks, with a mainline run through at the back which will be connected to a 6 track staging yard. There will also be a diesel facility and some industrial areas in the main yard.
If I learned anything from the Laggan Sub, it is to make this layout somewhat moveable! I'm building it on 24" x 8' and 16" x 8' modules. I will also install drywall for the backdrop, and do it BEFORE installing any track!
I'll be sure to keep everyone posted along the way, maybe I'll even start a new thread!

Herc Driver

Welcome back...As I remember you did some really great scenery. Looking forward to seeing this layout come to life.

n2trains

Awwww, Mike, I was looking forward to more pictures of the "old" layout. I have kept track of it for roughly 2 years and was THOROUGHLY impressed. I cannot wait to see the pictures of a new layout. Welcome back, and I'm a new member (though I've passively trolled since 04ish). Thank you for your awesome dedication to the hobby!

SD90

I got most of the basement drywalled last night, this time, I'm doing that 1st! Since I'm only doing a single level layout, the wall will be the back drop. After it's all done, I'll paint the walls sky blue, and paint scenery on that.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, it has been a while, glad you've returned. :)

SD90

Yes, but I'm starting over, from scratch. Changing railroad modelled, area modelled, control system and SCALE...
As of right now, I don't have a thing model train related, not a locomotive, freight car, piece of track or switch!
It's kina, exciting and sad at the same time!