I'm back again !

swampdaddy41

Joined initially in March 2007 but due to many real world events went inactive almost immediately. Finally, modeling started up again (after recovering from a disastrous basement flood that took many years re-do) I have been putting up some benches for a new diorama. I have been a model RRer forever but I have shifted my focus to HO scale structures and plan for most of the new (and final layout) to be almost all city. No rolling countryside or mountains this time.

I've been at it for over 50 years and will post some tips and things I've learned. The last 5 years or so I've not permanently sealed up any structures - always leaving room to get back in for repairs or alterations. Getting ready to try some paper buildings in the background.

As with Zathros I got reset to a new member

have fun all, Swamp Daddy

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to the forum (again)! :)

RF

P.S.: I like your motto..! (It is essentially what I use to say. :));)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome back to Zealot. I am sorry that you lost everything in the basement flood. I know what that is like. I lost everything I had in a basement flood twice (once when I was a youngster and again when I was an adult).

As for your account, I can help you with that.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I remembered you, Welcome, again!! ;)

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Glad to see you got your account squared away... and Welcome Back!

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Joined initially in March 2007 but due to many real world events went inactive almost immediately. Finally, modeling started up again (after recovering from a disastrous basement flood that took many years re-do) I have been putting up some benches for a new diorama. I have been a model RRer forever but I have shifted my focus to HO scale structures and plan for most of the new (and final layout) to be almost all city. No rolling countryside or mountains this time.

I've been at it for over 50 years and will post some tips and things I've learned. The last 5 years or so I've not permanently sealed up any structures - always leaving room to get back in for repairs or alterations. Getting ready to try some paper buildings in the background.

As with Zathros I got reset to a new member

have fun all, Swamp Daddy

Hey there and welcome back! I used to do model railroading when I was younger then discovered SciFi and haven't been the same since. I loved the backgrounds and little dioramas that are done in the model railroading environment.

Here's something from the the Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg, DE:

Again Welcome back.

Sky Seeker
:tank: