I trained an ai model exclusively with photos from my builds. The results are fascinating.

ShadowCory

Oct 25, 2021
I trained an ai model exclusively with photos from my builds. The results are fascinating.
There's really no debate in my mind, modern ai tools are taking jobs and literally food from artist's moths. This has not changed since I left both a labor job at a mine, and then a semi-skilled position at a large high-speed manufacturing plant. I'm not sure where it will end, but I feel it's not gonna be good.
Having said that, I did try out some ai tools just to see what's up.
I trained a model on just photos of my own wips, and the results are fascinating. Almost like some hypnotic poison.
Anyhoo, here's some results of what ai dreams up for some card modeling in my own style.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
A.I. will only be able to amalgamate what the human race has programmed into it, and what it discovers by auto searching. A.I. often creates models that make no sense, like the spindly legs on that model. When I started programming automated machinery, everyone was afraid. It created more work for us, and guess what, those machines wear down and need people to fix them, or create the machines to create them, and it goes on and on.

Only sentient beings can have original thought. Emulating sentience is not the same as having it. Only a small percentage of people are capable of original thought.

In the end, it will not end good in all probability, as people with be in control of machines that will react too fast from idiots at the controls, and POOF, there goes the planet. It will be us who either doom us all, or continue on a better course. :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Addendum:

I was playing with an A.I. art generator and came up with some really freaky, but cool looking ground effect vehicles. I was surprised, as that topic is not as broadly covered, how easy it was to see where the program got concepts from, and how sometimes it really got it right, and how many times it was way off.

It can be very useful for realizing concepts used in that fashion. :)

ShadowCory

Oct 25, 2021
A.I. will only be able to amalgamate what the human race has programmed into it, and what it discovers by auto searching. A.I. often creates models that make no sense, like the spindly legs on that model. When I started programming automated machinery, everyone was afraid. It created more work for us, and guess what, those machines wear down and need people to fix them, or create the machines to create them, and it goes on and on.

Only sentient beings can have original thought. Emulating sentience is not the same as having it. Only a small percentage of people are capable of original thought.

In the end, it will not end good in all probability, as people with be in control of machines that will react too fast from idiots at the controls, and POOF, there goes the planet. It will be us who either doom us all, or continue on a better course. :)
Yeah, I use it like an idea catalyst. It does do some weird things, but a lot a pleasant surprises. :)

Reactions: zathros

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Very interesting. The AI generated paper model reminds me a bit of the Tripods from the BBC TV show. It could serve as a smaller "cleaner drone" or "worker drone" which does maintenance work in the Golden City.

:)