How to easily replace missing, damaged or outdated pictures

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello fans,

in this tutorial I'm showing you how to easily edit, update or replace a picture in your post. The way I present here is very useful if you have to edit many pictures because the picture is inserted at the exact position of the old one (you save some clicks).

Go to the post which contains the missing or outdated picture.

Click the "Edit" button at the bottom of the post.

0.png

Click on the text data or the picture in question:

1.png

The edit window pops up. Now you can replace the picture by hitting the center button:

2.png

Drag and drop the new picture into the upload field:

3.png

4.png

5.png

The new picture is uploaded and inserted. Then scroll to the botom of the edit window.

8.png

Remove the old picture / picture information(s) by clicking the "Delete" button at the right of the picture(s) in question to clean up the post and "Save".

DONE! :)

Tonino

Really an useful and, as always, crystal clear guide! Thanks RF!
Anyway, after a quick look at my old threads, a big lot of work if one wants to restore all the contents provided in the past... :(

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you, Tonino! :)

I know what you mean... :sadno:

I suggest to tackle one thread at a time, starting with the most actual ones. That's what I do. The file names which are still there are very helpful to determine the position of the pictures. I'm still kicking my butt for not having saved your threads to my personal archive when they were complete. Then I could have assisted you in restoring them. I had never thought that such a catastrophy could happen. :-/