How about a MOW equipment photo contest

ezdays

Out AZ way
OK, since we are men of our words, you can count on the next contest to be a MOW contest. I will try to come up with a different twist to it, but count on it starting about the middle of June.aussieaussie

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Oh geeze!!! - You mean I could finally find a use for all those MOW pics I've taken??? Cool!!!!!

ezdays

Out AZ way
Oh geeze!!! - You mean I could finally find a use for all those MOW pics I've taken??? Cool!!!!!
Good, that means you won't need any time to prepare. So, for those of you that need to prepare, nows the time to start. We will have an MOW contest starting on the 15th of June and running until the end of July. This will be for full size and scale, or both. Man, I got a couple that I just can't wait to post....

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Do you have to know what the heck they are?

:) Good point. Acronyms can sometimes be a problem. MOW stands for "Maintenance of Way" and can include railroad cranes, snowplows, gondolas full of ties, old passenger cars for work crews, special equipment for maintaining track, for ballasting, for killing weeds along the right of way, etc, etc. Any thing involved in keeping the railroad in good shape!

Should be a fun contest!
Ralph

LOL, no I meant knowing what it's real job is. I took some shots of a scary little critter in the yard in town a month or so ago and I have no idea what it might do. I think it might be for breaking up ice, but it looks like it'd be a curmudgeon in Thomas' world.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Gotcha. :) Yeah there's lots of stuff on the tracks that I have no idea what they do either. I say if it looks MOW go for it!
Ralph