Horse- drawn buses and steam buses in H0?

Bill Nelson

I am not aware of any, and something like that would be right down my alley.

Jordan Miniatures does make an exquisite stagecoach, but I'm thinking you are looking for something more like an omnibuss. Jordan makes several kinds of wagons, ans so they might provide some good parts for kitbashing.

Musket miniatures also has some wagons that might provide useful parts.

Bill Nelson.

toptrain1

Here I am 10 years later on and still reading through old threads. I have a little more info to add to this on. When searching through info I found this Drawing oa a mysteriously powered streetcar in Jersey city I think about post-civil war period. It is the only drawing on this type streetcar I have stumbled upon. It is referred to as a dummy car Bergen Point dummy car.JPG

I made the pencil reference that is atop the drawing years ago. This line of cars went from Exchange Place Jersey City to the ferry that crossed between 1st street in Bayonne's Bergen Point section and Richmond Town in Statin Island. The line name is Jersey City to Bayonne Rail Road. Now examining the drawing shows no trolley pole to pick up power. No connection into the street that a cable car would have. No puffs of steam shown above the car's roof. It is called a dummy car in the text that came describing the drawing. What type of energy is powering this car? Anti-Gravity?
This car has climbed Montgomery Street in Jersey City. You can see a horse-drawn trolley at the bottom of the hill going off the picture to the right.
Big question! What is powering it?
frank

Last edited:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Here I am 10 years later on and still reading through old threads. I have a little more info to add to this on. When searching through info I found this Drawing oa a mysteriously powered streetcar in Jersey city I think about post-civil war period. It is the only drawing on this type streetcar I have stumbled upon. It is referred to as a dummy car View attachment 194357

I made the pencil reference that is atop the drawing years ago. This line of cars went from Exchange Place Jersey City to the ferry that crossed between 1st street in Bayonne's Bergen Point section and Richmond Town in Statin Island. The line name is Jersey City to Bayonne Rail Road. Now examining the drawing shows no trolley pole to pick up power. No connection into the street that a cable car would have. No puffs of steam shown above the car's roof. It is called a dummy car in the text that came describing the drawing. What type of energy is powering this car? Anti-Gravity?
This car has climbed Montgomery Street in Jersey City. You can see a horse-drawn trolley at the bottom of the hill going off the picture to the right.
Big question! What is powering it?
frank

Maybe the passengers in the back are pedaling!! :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
If you look at the Trolley at the bottom of the hill, it's horse drawn, I just noticed that?!? Maybe they let them roll downhill, and braked, hooking up to the horses when they go to them. They'd have to use brakes, horses would have a hard time stopping all that mass. :)

toptrain1

A photo of a little trollie I have that looks to be just like the one shown here in a drawing I posted. Bergan Point Jto Jersey City.49016308156_b6da7de165_k.jpg

Last edited:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
This link has the only horses and horse drawn objects I've seen in HO.