Holding this space for NEW MODEL BUILD w/ trailer.

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
I have wanted to build this for years, and I almost got the time..till a new project just knocked me off track! :eek:
But as usual, it will have hints and tips and failures ( as always ) and should be able to get off the ground shortly...starting with the trailer...and the wheels

I might have picked the frame to start off with...but the wheels got to be done!! OH well...still cutting all the circles and curves and it adds up to about 20 of each...and the treads...can't forget the treads...drew up a couple of parts in Inkscape and sent them off to Cameo...as they were .5mm far better results than by hand... here is the break-down of parts...
Tire-Parts.pngTire Tread Chunk....png
The part 17e is almost a full mm wide..that is going to be a real pain... and of course the treads..can't for..( wait, I said that already!!) a little thin with only 1 layer of .24mm so have to draw it up and scale up a different one to expand to compensate for the extra length in the circumference!

OK...suspense over someone out there will guess what it is just from these few hints...

Sd.Anh-116-2.jpg

Sd.Anh-116.jpg

and this guy made a video using the Tamiya models...hell till I saw the guy with his arm up not move I thought it was real!

Most likely will be another year plus build at this rate... ;) ;) ah, make that 2 years...

Last edited:

snake7

Oh boy! What a model! Did you completed FAMO 9 already?
I hope you are aware of the complexity and many errors of this model?
Just want to prepare you
Anyway good luck! This can came out a very impressive monster :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Geeze, that R/C model in the film is quite a work in itself. This will be another Gandolf Masterpiece!! :)

Gandolf50

Staff member
Oh boy! What a model! Did you completed FAMO 9 already?
I hope you are aware of the complexity and many errors of this model?
Just want to prepare you
Anyway good luck! This can came out a very impressive monster :)
Nope, But I do know about the errors and have reviewed several model builds over the years......started with the desk-top sized one!! Have to use an auxiliary table to cut the frame...as the basic "T" frame alone is approx 280mm>15.25 inches...then you add the front and back sections to it!!

Gandolf50

Staff member
I have been working...day after day of just cutting ...and searching for parts ( more l8er)...I have to work around the pain from everywhere but ear lobes...so going has been slow...that and re-building parts as building by instruction sheets is a nightmare...and instructions are your basic take parts 12-78 and glue together!
( Small section of part instruction)
Instructions.png

after cutting the 30 pieces for each tire ( exaggeration ! by 10) started with the 2 main frame sections (the backbone of the beast) and re-printed and rebuilt etc...has to be strong and straight on this 15" section...carefully laid out checked and double-checked and proceeded to find out I screwed up after gluing anyway! but it was just skin switched, right to left...oh well...Paint covers a lot of ills!!

One NASTY design flaw is all the edges of parts that are a stack of .24mm and core of .5mm say, are covered by a .75mm sliver, I would have really like to have seen all those slivers incorporated onto the edges of the face skins...then they could just be folded over, but no such luck. Even the cut-outs have a skin on their edges!! Ack!!

That and all the instruction sheets only show the skins and not what the backside parts are! You have to take an educated guess as to the numbering 70,70a,70b,70c etc...and hope like a few I have discovered already... 5 parts that are exactly the same but the skins change numbers for the top parts only and bottom skins are not labeled. ( I know, nothing but complaints!!! )

I also have to find some room as this frame is also approx 5.5" wide so, I will run out of room on the desktop REAL SOON! Only got a 2" cutting space on the front as it is!

pROGRESS-sMALL.png