Hi Everybody...

BobaTrek

Apr 3, 2024
Hello Members,

I am new to the forums, but have been a member of card modeling sites for years. It has been about 6 years since I did any card modeling, but I am looking to get back into it. My favorite subjects are Sci-Fi (Trek, Wars, and BSG). Looking forward to sharing pic of my future builds and learning new techniques from the masters among us. Now the hard part. I have to figure out what model I want to start with. Cheers to you all.

Reactions: Chanur and mijob

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello and welcome to Zealot,

Please let me be the first one to welcome you to Zealot! I am glad to see that you joined the forum! You have come to the right place for all things model building as a whole, and to build and hone your skills. The members here are very helpful. There are many members that are designers as well. I am certain that they will be more than happy to help you and answer any questions that you may have.

We have many members who are into SCI-FI (especially Star Trek and BSG). So, I hope that you feel at home here. As fro what to start with, there is a great deal to choose from. My suggestion is, regardless of what you choose, take your time with the build and have fun with it. Never rush through a project.

If you have any photos of your old models, by all means, please post photos of your work. You can post photos directly from your computer to the thread without the need of a photo hosting site.

When you start a new project, I would like to invite you to post a build thread. Build threads are a great way of show off your work and skills. Not only that, but if you run into an issue with a model you can highlight the area that you are having problems with and we can offer you some suggestions on how to deal with them.

So, if you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice. Please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here and feel at home. I look forward to seeing your work.

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
Hello and welcome to zealot its a great place to be. There are several designs available here. So there has to be some models that you can build. Im looking forward to see your building thread.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Hello and welcome to the forum! We have many scifi fans here (myself included) and I am sure you will like it here. :)

My and Rhaven's main topics are BSG and Buck Rogers, mijob's is everything Star Wars. ;)

There are many scifi models available online. The best sources are the Lower Hudson Valley e-gift shop, paper-replika, papermau (blog), https://www.alienspapercraft.com and of course Steve's site and paperaviation. After a while of active membership you will be granted access to our model archive where you can find even more and unique items which are exclusive to this forum and cannot be found elsewhere. This should give you enough material for practising and mastering your paper modeling skills. :)

Have fun and enjoy! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: flpaperguy

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Hi, you might like my easy models in the resources area here. Also Ron Caudillo and Gary Pilsworth, Rawen and Clever, Legal has a bunch or recolors and enlargements for a few. chttps://www.zealot.com/resources/categories/star-trek.72/ for Dwhale and Wulf-who has done a bunch of game rips of starships. If you want something else just ask me, as I have a lot of SciFi models that are hard to find.