He's a Sailor!!!

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Got the call from SR Wallace, Ryan M, (My wife's youngest) at 1535 today, 08Jan2020, that he had passed his Final PFA, all his course work, and successfully completed BATTLESTATIONS 21 and he is now officially a Sailor. I am soo proud of him. My wife and I, and her eldest son are leaving Rome Ga at 0200 to drive 570 miles to see his Pass-In-Review ceremony at RTC Great Lakes Illinois on Friday 10Jan2020. I'll try to remember to take pics of anything model related while I'm up there.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
:Congrats::Congrats::Congrats:

That's great to hear! I wish him always fair winds and a handswidth of water under his keel!

:):):)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you son for his service from me. The whole forum I'm sure. :Bravo:

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Great Day For him!! I remember ( vaguely ) mine back in the day!
Now then..what is he striking for?

micahrogers

Staff member
Now Aboard USS Yorktown, in the bleachers for Pass-In-Review 10Jan20, Congartulations to all of the U S Navy's newest sailors, joining the best Navy on the seas.

Last edited:

micahrogers

Staff member
If anyone would like to see the PIR ceremony, the link to the live stream is here
** ATTENTION ON DECK **
Subj: PIR Live Stream
Families and Friends - For those who are unable to attend today's ceremony in person, the live stream is provided by NavyLive - The Official Blog of the U.S. Navy. Click the link below (NOT THE GRAPHIC) and it will take you to their home page where you will find the live stream for today's graduation.
Congratulations to all our newest Sailors and their families. Welcome aboard!

micahrogers

Staff member
My heartfelt thanks to all you who have commented on this post. We made it back to home about 2100 last night, a 1400 mile round trip in just under 70 hours is not an easy thing. Here is a pic of my Family with our new sailor at the Gurney Mills mall outside Great Lakes.
Family_1.jpg

The only things model related that I saw were in "Strict No Photography" areas. One was a F-14 in "Jolly Rogers" paint, and the other was a F4F2 Wildcat flown by the namesake of O'Hare airport.

micahrogers

Staff member
Not a model, but it is hand made. Navy Pride anchor my wife and I made to hang on our hotel room door. It has his last name, the ship ID, and Division number of his training division, His Pass-In-Review date, his "I'm a Sailor" call date and time (EST). After we got home I mounted one of his graduation pictures in the middle, and my wife's and my Navy Pride ribbons (Mine has the anchor). now hung on the wall for the duration.
Anchor01-1.jpg