Help - Twisted cutting mat

Mindaugas

Hello folks,

I've got a question.
I've recently received a cutting mat (since I can't get them in Lithuania) and it is twisted. I tried to straighten it by bending it strongly to oposite side - nothing.. Then I tried to keep it under heavy weight on flat floor for a couple of days - nothing..

Can anyone suggest how to straighten it, cause it is very hard to cut over it? :cry: :cry: :cry: Maybe anyone had such problem?

Thanks a lot. Good luck! ;)
--

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy Mindaugas,

Ok, you might try these methods.

1. use a hot steam iron and Iron it flat

2. place it in an oven at a real low setting

3. microwave it, you may have to apply abit of water to it to get it to heat properly.

after all of these methods, while the mat is still hot, place it on a cool flat surface and apply weight to it to help it maintain its "flatness".

hope this helps,

have a good day,

Greg aka GW

rkelterer

put it onto a flat surface into the sun 8) if the waves aren't to extrem putting it onto a flat surface under some books should be adequate

cheers
raimund

Bernie

you can use hair - dryer - but will take some time. Trust the best will be to spill hot watter and flatten under weight store.

To not be happened anymore - cover your "olfa" with paper or just put it under the table when not card-modelling.

Mindaugas

Hey guys,

There's an example of great, friendly and tolerant community. I've just asked a question and several great folks answer it in several hours.

Thank you ALL for those advices. I will try now to fix this problem and I will tell you if I succeded.

Thanks guys and good luck! ;)
--

Mindaugas

Hello Friends,

Thanks Thanks Thanks and Thanks again!!!! :D

Now I can normally cut those paper parts!

Thanks and good luck! ;)
--

T

Texman

Mindaugas,

In the event it ever happens to any others, which
method actually worked best?

Ray

Mindaugas

Hello,

Here how I did it:

First of all I tried a hot tap water. I filled the bath (just enough to submerge that mat) and kept that mat for several minutes. Then I dried it and put under books. After 10 mins it was cold and .. no result.

Then I boiled water up to 90 degrees of celsius and submerged it again. Then I dried it and put under books. After it was cold I saw, that he straightened a bit, but not fully.. so no result.

Then I saw that lowest setting of my oven is 140 degrees of celsius. Well, I thought that I will risk, that cut paper on twisted mat. I put it on roasting plate. It wasn't good because the protruded edges of cutting mat softened, while the area which was on roasting plate remained cold. Then I changed that roasting plate to grill and heated again. And then all mat softened and I was able to straighten it under the books. - So this is the best method. :D

Thats all. Thanks again!!! ;)
--

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
BUMPED for priority reasons - do not bump in old threads.

Handy tip.

Revell-Fan