Hello

goose814

Just wanted to say hello and thanks for having me. I haven't built too many paper models. I believe my first was the 3-D Paper 1/48 Boeing 727-200 I built sometime around 1983-1984, which I still have. Here's a photo of it with my son holding it from about 6 years ago (can't believe he'll be 14 soon).20150620_113103.jpg

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Welcome goose,

That's a lovely plane you have made. And indeed time fly's.
I think you gone like it here at zealot. If you have any questions just ask.
If you gone build a new model please start a new thread.
Again welcome and have fun.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to Zealot! You have come to the right place for all things paper & cardstock, as well as model building as a whole, and to build and hone your skills. The members here are very helpful.

Thank you for sharing that photo of your plane with us! You have done a FANTASTIC JOB on it. Everything looks clear, clean, and crisp.

When you start a new project, please post a build thread. Build threads are a great way of show off your work and skills. Not only that, but if you run into an issue with a model you can highlight the area that you are having problems with and we can offer you some suggestions on how to deal with them.

So, if you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice. Please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
That's really cool! maybe you should take a crack at some star trek models in our resources section. Welcome aboard!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to Zealot! :)

Your Boeing looks awesome! When I read "1/48" I thought it must be massive and the picture proves it. WOW!

I wish you a great time here.

Have fun and enjoy! :)

RF

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
That's a nice airliner, and you obviously made it right, to have held up for so many years. Welcome to Zealot!! :)

goose814

Thank you all so much for the welcome. I have mostly built plastic models but a few paper ones along the way. Another that I built many years ago was the Delta 7 1/24 'Friendship 7'. I'd like to get back into paper modeling and after seeing some on this site, the amount of detailing is amazing.IMG_20210712_125309.jpgIMG_20210712_125340.jpg

goose814

I built the interior of the Gemini capsule, again from Delta 7, not long after finishing Friendship 7. I never finished it but now might be a good time to get back into it. These models were never meant to be the final product. My intention was to print them with normal quality and build them for practice before printing and building higher quality versions.IMG_20210712_125421.jpgIMG_20210712_125431.jpg

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
I'll add my welcome aboard, and add my praise for your airliner, and Gemini capsule. They both look great.

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Welcome Goose! Love the 727! Great work also on the Friendship 7 capsule and the interior of the Gemini looks like it's off to a great start.

Have a GREAT day! and

WELCOME TO ZEALOT!:animated:

goose814

Welcome Goose! Love the 727! Great work also on the Friendship 7 capsule and the interior of the Gemini looks like it's off to a great start.

Have a GREAT day! and

WELCOME TO ZEALOT!:animated:
Thanks very much. I'm actually going to try building the Gemini 8 capsule using better paper than the other models and after seeing some of the other construction techniques here, especially the models that Rhaven Blaack has done, I'm going to try to detail it with extra pieces to give it that 3D look to it. Once I'm ready I'll post a thread on it.

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Thanks very much. I'm actually going to try building the Gemini 8 capsule using better paper than the other models and after seeing some of the other construction techniques here, especially the models that Rhaven Blaack has done, I'm going to try to detail it with extra pieces to give it that 3D look to it. Once I'm ready I'll post a thread on it.

Looking forward to it! BTW when you add addition pieces to texture a surface feature we call it greebling around here. Not sure about the origin of that. You'll have to ask Zathros about it.

Sky Seeker

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Looking forward to it! BTW when you add addition pieces to texture a surface feature we call it greebling around here. Not sure about the origin of that. You'll have to ask Zathros about it.

Sky Seeker
"Greebeling", the action of applying "Greebelies", originated in the special effects shop that became ILM back in the 70's. A "Greeblie" is anything applied to the surface of a model to add "depth, or realism" to an effects model.
The term migrated out of the SF field into general modeling.

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
"Greebeling", the action of applying "Greebelies", originated in the special effects shop that became ILM back in the 70's. A "Greeblie" is anything applied to the surface of a model to add "depth, or realism" to an effects model.
The term migrated out of the SF field into general modeling.

The mysteries of the universe suddenly revealed! :bowdown: