Hello from Tom.

eaglewings7

I have had a passion for building scale models since I was a teenager. Over the past few years i have had the pleasure of building card models provided
graciously by the talented designers here and on the web. My main interests are Sc-Fi Spaceships and Robots and also Steam Locomotives.
I have long wished that i could design a model myself and make it freely available but i lack the skills in the software needed.
It's good to be part of the community.
Sincerely
Tom

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Tom,

Welcome to Zealot! You have come to the right place for all things paper (and other materials and mediums), as well as SCI-FI and Rail Road modeling. We have many members who are into both SCI-FI (including myself being a HUGE SCI-FI GEEK) and Rail Roading. So, I hope that you will feel at home here.
If you have any questions, concerns, need help or advice, please feel free to ask. We will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here.

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Welcome Tom! I too got into paper models from free finds on the net. Funny enough my first one was a replica of the FIFA world cup in 2010

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Tom,

welcome to the forum and thank you very much for posting this introduction.

I too love SciFi. My main topics are BSG and Buck Rogers.

I'd love to see some pictures of your previous work. Please don't be shy. :)

Have fun and enjoy!

RF :)

eaglewings7

Hi Guys, Thank you for such a warm welcome I am very grateful I appreciate being part of such a friendly group thank you for making me feel at home here.
I will post some photos of my models soon.

Tom

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome Tom, you've hit the nail on the head with your interests. s far as designing, you can do such a thing. I designed many moels using nothing but Paint, and I know some designers that make fantastic models using paint. A ruler, and penicil, and piece of paper, and believe it or not, string, will help you copy pictures andd you then make the parts the old school way, trial and error. You scan your finished part template, color it with Paint. The best thing about this method as your are building parts that you know fit as you go along, you get a model that goes together very well. I've moved onto CAD, but many times I still sometimes have to take a piece of paper and just cut it, as I am having too much trouble making this piece virtually. Welcome to Zealot. :)