Harkonnen's WH40k Builds

Harkonnen24

Here are two builds I made from Patoroch's models. First one is a Destroyer tank hunter and the second is a Land Raider.

Now the Land raider was originally done in black and white but I didn't really want to leave it like that. So I painted it after I completed it the best I could just to see how painting paper model went.

Anyway hope you like them. I think they are pretty cool for my first paper builds. Working on a Mk 4 predator now :p

Attachments

• TD-001.jpg
    TD-001.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 55
  • TD-002.jpg
    TD-002.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 53
  • TD-004.jpg
    TD-004.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 44
  • LR-001.jpg
    LR-001.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 52
  • LR-002.jpg
    LR-002.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 53
  • LR-003.jpg
    LR-003.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 59

Harkonnen24

Thanks armorman. It's from your thread that I got all the models. :thumb:

But I have kind of hit a snag with my predator build.

73 Predator MkVА Храмовники 2009.pdf

That's the one I am currently building and I have a question hopefully someone can help with. I am not sure where parts 24(page 5) and part 32(page 5) go, or how the wheels are made.

Hell the whole tracks are annoying when there is so little instructions. There isn't even enough of part 31 to go on all the track links.

Z

Zathros

These tanks are awesome! I kind of like the first one better, but there is a Tank museum about 15 miles from my house and to be honest, your second model has the same look to it's hull that they do, Nice job!! :)

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
I have a suggestion that I use when coloring my models, I use the broad tip of a marker (in my case, Prismacolor) to lay down large flat areas of color over the model that needs to be colored before I cut and glue. This gives the model a more even look and saves time later if you don't intend to primer/paint it.

As an example, this Warhound titan head in this diorama is layered marker for the rust and then dry-brushed with blue paint to finish. The "rust bubbles" were a mix of texturing sand, glue, and some rust paint added after the marker, but before the blue.

The foliage was done the same way, though since this picture, I painted in veins on the leaves which made it pop.

Attachments

• cocpitextdet2.jpg
    cocpitextdet2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 49
  • cockpitextdet1.jpg
    cockpitextdet1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 32

Harkonnen24

Alright then, time for an update to my thread with a newly completed model. I put a lot of effort into making this one look as good as possible. Took a lot of work to edit the color of the .pdf and I think it came out great.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• Predator-001.jpg
    Predator-001.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Predator-002.jpg
    Predator-002.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Predator-003.jpg
    Predator-003.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 43

Harkonnen24

Well It is time for an update with a new model! YAY!

I decided to make the salamander rhino to match up with my predator I did before. I did some modifications to it. Such as the better commander hatch and a different track design. Both of which were taken from a different patoroch design. These tracks were MUCH easier to assemble than the ones on the predator.

I even came up with an easier way to attach the tracks to the wheels. If you notice on the image showing the right side there are no glue dabs holding the tracks to the wheels. What I conjured up after doing the left side(figures...lol) was to use some paper in a U shape. Like this "|_|" and I placed these at bottom of each wheel and then colored the inside so you can't even tell they are there. Now you get a flat surface to glue the tracks to.

Also, since I started laying out the parts in inkscape you will notice the scale on my predator is off. It is almost exactly 10% smaller lol. Damn patoroch models use 8.5inx11.5in paper instead of 8.5x11in. Which causes everything to be 10% smaller when printed on letter paper. DOH! hamr

Hope you guys like it!

Attachments

• Rhino1.jpg
    Rhino1.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Rhino2.jpg
    Rhino2.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Rhino3.jpg
    Rhino3.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 42

Harkonnen24

Well it has been a long time since I have posted a model, but better late than never! So I present to you all my latest creation!

There are a couple little things I have yet to add, such as smoke grenade launchers(arrrgh!!! hate tiny paper cylinders!) and the missile box that I am not sure if I want to add it. Was also toying with the idea of using some fine sand and sprinkling it onto some glue around the tracks, wheels and lower parts of the hull to make it seem a little dirty. Another thing I noticed is that the marker I used to edge the paper looks TERRIBLE when flashed by the camera. Maybe I should just use black?

I could also upload a .pdf of the modified version of Patoroch's MarkV Vindicator if anyone is interested. Took the symbols from his Salamander Dreadnought.

Attachments

• SalVindMkV-1.jpg
    SalVindMkV-1.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 45
  • SalVindMkV-2.jpg
    SalVindMkV-2.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 42
  • SalVindMkV-3.jpg
    SalVindMkV-3.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 37
  • SalVindMkV-4.jpg
    SalVindMkV-4.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 53
I just discovered this thread. I think the last 2 models look very good. I have discovered like you that colored markers don't look too good on pictures. I usually use black for this reason.

Harkonnen24

Yeah the last two are clearly my best as I was just starting out and seeing how they build.

In fact the land raider I stepped on it and ripped it apart because it looked terrible.

Here they are going in for an attack!

http://depositfiles.com/files/v4rqppmlg
While modifying the color, I changed the layout of the parts so they all fit on 8.5"x11" Letter paper with 0.5" margins on all sides so no printing issues will arise.

Attachments

• SalAttack-1.jpg
    SalAttack-1.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 46
  • SalAttack-2.jpg
    SalAttack-2.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 40