Halloween Ghosts

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi, fans!

When I was looking for some Halloween gifts for my colleagues I found a very interesting site:

http://www.mrprintables.com

There is a lot of fun stuff like paper dolls, party decoration and toys, easy to make and the result is always very cool (and in this case: cute, too
thumbsup.gif
). If you haven't seen it yet just check it out.

I chose to make some of the Halloween Ghosts which you may grab from here:

http://www.mrprintables.com/ghost-boxes-for-halloween-treats.html

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Assembly is very straight forward. I was lucky to find some transparent wax paper at my local hobby store so I didn't need to make it myself.

First of all I printed the Halloween Ghosts template on normal paper and cut away any unnecessary parts to make the page smaller.

Then I taped the template behind a sheet of the transparent paper, traced the eyes and mouths with a black felt-tip and the lines with my cutter. Be careful, only scratch the surface, do not cut through the paper.

Then I removed the template and cut out the two ghosts.

CU later with the continuation of this thread! :wave:

Attachments

• DSCF4308.jpg
    DSCF4308.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF4304.jpg
    DSCF4304.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF4300.jpg
    DSCF4300.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF4302.jpg
    DSCF4302.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF4303.jpg
    DSCF4303.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF4305.jpg
    DSCF4305.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF4311.jpg
    DSCF4311.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 5

Rogerio Silva

I've checked out the site and saw how the little ghosts will be when ready. I think they'll make a great gift, simple, but cute.
Good choice!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you, Rogerio! :thumb:

They ARE cute indeed. :mrgreen:

Here are some more pics of this project. The ghost is folded and glued together with CA glue. Since the top tends to pop open very easily I chose to glue it together, too.

Attachments

• DSCF4313.JPG
    DSCF4313.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF4314.JPG
    DSCF4314.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF4315.JPG
    DSCF4315.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 6

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
A thread in the thread ;-)

Hello and welcome to phase III of the build: threading and loading!
icon_mrgreen.gif

I cut off a 50 cm long thread, made a knot in it and pushed it through the top of the little ghost creature. I pulled one end of the thread though the loop of the other end.

Then I put some candy into the ghost and closed the bottom with a piece of tape. The tape doesn't stick too strong on the wax paper so that the "innards" can be taken out again without damaging the hull.

Attachments

• DSCF4317.jpg
    DSCF4317.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF4318.jpg
    DSCF4318.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF4319.jpg
    DSCF4319.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF4320.jpg
    DSCF4320.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF4328.jpg
    DSCF4328.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF4329.jpg
    DSCF4329.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF4330.jpg
    DSCF4330.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 4

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
And since I don't have only one colleague I repeated the previous steps several times till I ended up with 13 cute little ghosts. Here are two group shots. Cheese!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Attachments

• DSCF4324.jpg
    DSCF4324.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF4325.jpg
    DSCF4325.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 6

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, but these sweet critters needed an appropriate container for storage and transportation. I rescued an old cardboard box from the garbage bin, put a coffin made of white and black card on top and put the cutees inside. And tomorrow they will be sent to their new masters, for this time it will not be "Trick OR Treat" but "Trick AND Treat"!

Thanks for watching! :wave:

Attachments

• DSCF4332.jpg
    DSCF4332.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF4335.jpg
    DSCF4335.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF4337.jpg
    DSCF4337.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 5

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Very cute! Great link too. You rule my friend! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
These look GREAT!!!
You did a FANTASTIC JOB on these little guys. I am certain that your colleagues will ENJOY them!!!

Rogerio Silva

Great AND original, man.

If you always treat your friends like that, I think I'm gonna have to move to somewhere near you! sign1 sign1 sign1

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Hehehe!

Yes, I'm known for my practical jokes..! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

But another move so quickly after your last? I would definoitely re-consider that, Rogerio! :rolleyes:

Today I took my little ghosts in the coffin with me since my holidays are beginning today. You have to know, I work at an old people's home, so a coffin usually doesn't mean any good. When my colleagues saw the box they immediately screamed, "Put that thing away". I told them, "Why, the hip man of today always carries his coffin with him, just in case". They shook their heads in disbelief. However, when I opened the box at our lunch break everyone was cheering. It was a huge hit. All ghosts have found a new home and I took an empty coffin back home. :thumb:

Rogerio Silva

I admit it: moving is a total pain, and I don't need to tell you where... devil :rolleyes: But hey! Moving to a serious country wouldn't hurt me. At all!
My kids go to a German school here, and the older one already speaks a bit. idea1
I intend to get them to make interexchange studies, so that they can get to know other countries and cultures :cool: (like I was so lucky to do :mrgreen: :mrgreen:). I'd say it's an investment for their souls... angel :thumb: :thumb:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That's a great premise. Education is very important and spending some time abroad is one of the best ways to get to know and to understand different societies and cultures. Languages are the key to understanding. I for myself speak five (two and a half of them fluently :mrgreen: ). Like you said, it is an investment, but not only for their souls but for their entire life. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your kids enjoy this time, take care of themselves and stay healthy. :thumb: