grumpy and pylon

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
yeah I know........ sigh. I circled the areas I need to fix. this is just to see if I drew all the parts in proportion to each other.
I need to smooth out some turns in the fitting too so they join smoothly.
practice, practice, practice.

GEDC0304.JPG GEDC0305.JPG GEDC0305.JPG

Reactions: ASC Mclaren

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Organic models are so difficult. This looks great! I have been trying some organic shapes. They don't come easy to me. :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
That's funny, and strangely familiar! :)

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I am fixing this model for about a half hour every day and will build another and post it, simpler cuts more pics on how to fit together. mostly im trying to do a good job on build pics for the grissom half scale right now. and yes,
then ANOTHER KLINGON! KA-PLAH!!!!

ganeshsingh158

Jul 18, 2007
I love the way you are modeling the T-Rex. You really get a sense of the musculature of the creature. Very nice. Are you still planning to do Kong for a diorama?

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
don't even ask me about kong!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!! yes I have tried lol! actually there is another flaw on grumpy I am correcting today, and that's where the waist and posterior area where the tail starts. it needs to be rounder. like two cups stuck mouth to mouth. maybe a band in the middle. the kong trex 30's style is of my goals, I also have to make mods on my drawings, legs bigger, everything fatter, its hard work to draw, print, assemble. crumple, stomp on, burn, draw-corrections, print, assemble, eat with mustard, correct, print, paper shredder, draw-correct, print, assemble, use as pinyata, draw-correct, print, and so on............

ganeshsingh158

Jul 18, 2007
"98% perspiration - 2% inspiration" :) I'm sure you will succeed eventually, after all there is no rush. Sometimes you just have to walk away for a while and come back later with a refreshed viewpoint. All the best!

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
well what I mostly ran into with kong, is that I need to make two heads to satisfy the kong fans. I have black striated paper to print on or cut on with a stencil to over come the hair obstacle.

ganeshsingh158

Jul 18, 2007
Yeah, hair is a tough call. The simplest way is probably just a texture over the basic shape, but it's not an easy call to make. With the anime-type figurines you just need the shape to be correct, but fur is such an integral part of an animal it isn't quite as clear an issue to deal with. I do wish you the best of luck as you wrestle with the design.