Greetings all

kevbo1983

Hello all!
I've been a long-term lurker for a while marvelling at the builds here and never formally introduced myself!
I used to build paper models years and amassed a lot of uhu02's amazing models. Then I switched to plastic kits and scratch building and card models kind of went by the wayside (to my shame, I threw the majority out during a house move). Now that the UK is in perpetual lockdown it's reignited my love of paper models and I've begun gradually rebuilding my 2001 set. Love all the work here and looking forward to seeing more

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Kevbo,

Please let me be the first one to welcome you to Zealot! You have come to the right place for all things model building as a whole, and to build and hone your skills. The members here are very helpful.

We have many members who are into SCI-FI (Myself included). So, I hope that you feel at home here. I am sorry to hear that you had to through out your old models when you moved. I know the feeling. I had lived in Eastern Europe for about eight years. I had amassed quite a few myself during that time. When I decided to leave my ex-wife and move back to the US, I lost everything. The good thing is, I can now rebuild my collection and add even more details then before.

If you have any photos of your old models, by all means, please post photos of your work. You can post photos directly from your computer to the thread without the need of a photo hosting site.

When you start a new project, please post a build thread. Build threads are a great way of show off your work and skills. Not only that, but if you run into an issue with a model you can highlight the area that you are having problems with and we can offer you some suggestions on how to deal with them.

So, if you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice. Please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here. I look forward to seeing your work.

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
Hello,

Welcome to Zealot! Nice to have you as part of the community. I hope to see some of your work and good luck with building the 2001 models.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Hello Kevbo, and Welcome Aboard.

Rhaven Beat me too the "official" greeting, but I'll just add my $0.02 worth. Zealot is a great community of like minded modelers, we build all sorts of things, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Reallife (tm), you name it. We have sections for paper, and plastic, and mixed media. We have a designers section, and even a story section, (thanks to Revell-Fan)
Whatever direction this hobby takes you in, Zealot can be a happy home for you on these Interwebs.

Please take a few moments and glace over the forum rules, https://www.zealot.com/threads/zealot-forum-rules-and-policies.174452/ and as always, Happy modeling.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello kevbo and welcome to the forum! :)

Thank you very much for introducing yourself.

I'm a huge scifi fan, too. My main subjects are Galactica and Buck Rogers.

Have fun and enjoy! :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I'm glad you joined. Thanks for posting an "Introduction". Feel free to posts whatever kind of models you have made in this thread. Happy to have you aboard!! :)

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Welcome! lots of great build threads here, and many many models in the resources section. We all like to see your build pics and what you have learned along the way.
Jim

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Welcome to zealot, DO you have some pictures of your olsd builds, if so please can you show them to us. We love pictures.