Gil Finn Passed Away.......

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict

Gil Finn (Steve Frame) passed away
Monday December 10, 2007

The staff of The Gauge has many duties. We work behind the scenes to help
all of our great members enjoy each and every visit to our friendly board.

In turn, we gain knowledge from one another and we make friends along the way.
We trade stories about our friends, family and our health. One example was Gil Finn.

He was a fine example of honor and courage in the face of diversity. He
e-mailed ezdays more than a few times about his continuing illness and
how it was affecting him both mentally and physically. We gained knowledge
of a person we have never met face to face.

A kind and gentle man, who, when the cards were dealt, got a nasty hand
to deal with ... for life....

We honor him here, letting the rest of his friends know he is finally out
of pain, finally resting peacefully, finally at ease.......
.............Probably running trains somewhere... :)

The Charleston Gazette - Obituaries

Online condolences may be made by visiting
Bartlett-Chapman and Chapman Funeral

spitfire

Very sorry to hear this sad news. My condolences go out to his family and friends. It's never easy to lose someone you love, but it must be doubly hard at this time of year.

He will be missed.

Val

nkp174

Sad to hear. It's been a little while since he posted his fair well post. I hope he got his wish of having his fishing pole in hand.

CJTK1701

Banned
Though I've never knew or met the man, I'd like to send my condolences to his friends and Family. I and my Family have suffered some serious issues lately and I know how fragile life can be and how much pain can be as excruciating mentally as it can physically. My sincerest best wishes to all who knew him.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Rest in Peace Gil...
military_salute_smileyM.gif

ezdays

Out AZ way
As Mikey says, I spent some time corresponding with Steve, especially when he was having a hard time with his medications. They were pushing him over the edge, but he won that battle. He was proud of his association here on the Gauge and he especially was pleased the way the members here treated him. He was a soldier, a devoted family man and an avid model railroader. He spent a lot of time in pain, but kept his sense of humor though it all.

Just let it be known, that there are many here that he considered friends and it was your efforts and support that made his life a bit easier to deal with. There's no doubt that those that sent him get-well cards brightened his day. He was a fixture here and will be missed by many.

Our prayers are with him and his family, and again, many thanks to those that gave support when it was needed.

Russ Bellinis

We'll all miss you, Steve. I never knew his real name until now, just knew him as Gil Finn or "the Big Baboo." My condolences and prayers go out to his family.

shaygetz

I'm sorry to hear that. We emailed each other from time to time, the last time was this summer when he gave me a couple of engines that needed work for the price of postage. I'll be hanging onto this Tyco now, glad to say I knew the man who owned it. BC

280.jpg

steamhead

Extremely saddened to read about Gil Finn's passing on...He was a great character with a timely quip or advice for everyone. I'm sure if he's not running trains now...he's gone fishing....