Georgetown Sub buildings

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Here is the station for Georgetown and is loosely based on the real one here in Georgetown,ON. It is HO scale and is made out of corrugated cardboard and cerealboard. The glaze for the windows is made from those coffee can lids. It is painted with acrylic paint.

Attachments

• st1.jpg
    st1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 329

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Nice work Robin... and quick too (as usual). That HO module is coming along nicely!

I cannot make it out - are the windows a "frosted" look from a clear coffee lid, or are they that black shiny plastic?

Andrew

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Thanks for the encouragement folks. Andrew. The coffee can lids I have and use let light through but have a milky appearance so I wouldn't say they are clear .

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Jesper, it was a challenge given me by Val(spitfire) and Johnathan(Catt!) This will be for my friends to play with while I get on with my N gauge layout which is far from being ready to operate. A fun project though.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
That's a beautiful station! The coffee lid idea for transluscent windows is clever. I could get a never ending supply of them at work. We coffee hounds polish off those cans on a regular basis and some of my coworkers simply THROW THE LIDS AWAY!!!!!!! :)
Mine, I think!
Thanks Robin!

jimmybeersa

May 14, 2001
Alberton . South Africa
Robin....always wondered when you would get around to doing amodel of that great building But in HO ?.......now do one in N and surprize us all.. Just kidding!!!! as always your skills hold all of in awe. Wendy says wonderful

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Parking lot

I wanted to paste some background to the station and thought there should be a parking lot so found some pictures on the internet, cut them out and pasted them on the background

Attachments

• st2.jpg
    st2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 270