Galactica

lyter1958

Esteemed Member
the baby will be 18 inches long also. i'll try to remember to keep taking build pic's. here's what i got so far
thanks for looking
mark

Attachments

• DSCF5040.JPG
    DSCF5040.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
  • DSCF5041.JPG
    DSCF5041.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
  • DSCF5042.JPG
    DSCF5042.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
  • DSCF5043.JPG
    DSCF5043.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
  • DSCF5045.JPG
    DSCF5045.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 37

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
You have a slight twist to the left. Fix that now, or you will regret it. It make mean separating some parts, then realigning. This usually happens from using too thin of a cardstock, try using 110 lb. card stock, double up of the formers. Please, don't take this as criticism, it is me just trying to help you now, instead of pointing it out later when it's too late. :)

lyter1958

Esteemed Member
thanks for the tip zathros. i'll give a "shimmie to the right" to fix it. i put it on hold for now, and i'm building the Sulaco right now. the 1\430 size

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
No problem, you will be happy in the end when it's nice and square. I built this model. I wished I had glued some Popsicle sticks inside to keep it straight, as moisture creeped in and warped it after a few years. It is important to use thick, or even laminated paper on bulkheads and structural members. :)

DanBKing

Dan the Man
@skoda When you do, I am instantly subscribed to that thread. ;)
And knowing me, at some point, I will build my own, using your work as my inspiration.
I LOVE that ship.
The later version does not have the right 'feel' for me.......

@lyter1958 Keep at it! Looking good!
The biggest enemy of large paper models is gravity.
Laminate and strengthen stress points.
It will make the model more durable to time... :)

lyter1958

Esteemed Member
thanks for the tip DanBKing . i like using 67 lb paper so far, just starting on building these models and am on the learning curve of things..

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Go to 110 lb. stock. 67 lb. is not strong enough! Cut the edges at an angle, and you will have less of an edge showing. I would cut so you are cutting exactly on the colored part,and cutting the paper 0 an angle makes them fit tight, with minimal, if any white showing, which you can touch up with grey and black Sharpies.

This is a great model, where did you get this from? Just curious. I like the way the interior is designed. It is really nice, and strong. :)

lyter1958

Esteemed Member
thanks all... zathros, i can't recall where i got it from .. i did find it on line .. made by Coxxon,Madjohn, and Dave975.. thats what is says on the instruction pages.. everything is allready printed on 67lb
this came in 2 sizes foot and a half size and another 3 foot size...i opted fot the foot and half..

Last edited:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Just laminate any section that looks like it will aid in holding the ship straight. This can also be done by gluing in Popsicle sticks on the inside where they aren't seen. :)