Finished a couple of houses

spitfire

I finished up these two houses today, by completing the lighting for the garage on the left, and adding a new garage to the house on the right. The first garage is the Hudson Garage by Branchline and the second is by Kanamodel. Both are laser cut wood.

houses5.jpg

houses3.jpg

The Branchline garage above has interior framing, but unfortunately the rafters are not a good fit and keep the roof from sitting properly. I had to remove them. I tried to get a shot of the interior details, some tools, a tire against the back wall, and an old chest of drawers and boxes. They didn't show up too well though.

I added a basketball backboard for the kids who live in this house. The hoop is just a piece of brass wire painted red. The shingles are handmade from wet/dry sandpaper.

To the right in the first photo and tucked in behind the house is the Kanamodel garage. I used cedar shake shingles from Paper Creek on that one, and also on one of the houses.

Here's how they'll look on the layout. The embankment I just finished is directly behind.

houses4.jpg

Hope you enjoy the little neighbourhood.

Val

Nomad

Those are really nice. The one on the left is my favorite. And, I see an old bike in the garage. Great job:thumb:

Loren

scubadude

Spitfire, those houses are BAD TO THE BONE! :thumb: I especially like the garage and the basketball hoop, reminds me of the garage we had when I was a kid :thumb:

doctorwayne

Neat houses, and, except for the cat, looks like a good neighbourhood, with railfanning from the back bedrooms. :thumb: Nice workmanship, too.

Wayne

tetters

Rail Spiking Fool!
Amazing work! Those definately look like Toronto homes. Especially the one on the left. You see that style of house everywhere around here.

spitfire

Thank you all so much. :)

Richard, you in turn reminded me of that great George Thoroughgood song. B-b-b-bad!

Wayne, sorry about the adorable little kitty cat. How about I call the pound to come and round her up? ;)

Nutbar, now that property values are down because of certain undesirable animals, you can probably afford to move in anytime..... ;) I should warn you though, these houses have very low ceilings - like around 5 inches!! LOL!

Chad, thanks for the kind words. :)

Tetters, I'm so glad you think so - that's what I was going for. In fact my first house was one very similar (although not a semi). In this case, I'm kind of going for the Dupont St. area since the railroad is so close.

Val

jesso

You did a really great job with those. I really like that you did the interior of the garage, looks good. Don't you hate how kids always hang on those basketball rims and bend them. I bet the homeowners love taking pictures of trains from their upstairs windows, except late at night.

galt904

Who are the house kits themselves by? I'm guessing that the duplex has been somewhat kitbashed to give individuality to each half?

spitfire

Dave, thanks!

Chad, the "duplexes" were scratchbuilt, using styrene sheet (plain and textured), styrene tube for the columns, Grandt Line windows and doors, Paper Creek cedar shakes, wet/dry sandpaper for the other shingles, Tichy railings, and various detail parts.

We call those "semi-detatched" around here, although that is clearly real-estate agent speak. Attached would be a lot more accurate!!!

I think a house like that would make a great kit, and you could give a couple of options for making each side unique. The house on the right is the Atlas kit "Kim's Classic American Home".

Val