F-14 Tomcat

peter taft

Jan 15, 2010
Well guys my first model since the skin problem {all dried now - but not totally cleared} The F-14 Tomcat which is one of my dear wife's favourites - i promised her i would build this for an Easter present {a tad late due to the problem} Well, she likes it, and that makes me happy The model is a free download from here :
http://www.saturn.dti.ne.jp/~eastern/pcraft/index.html It doesn't come with a undercarriage { i scratch built that } but even without it, she makes a really nice bird to look at. I hope you like her too - Coming soon.... Gary Pilsworth's lovely Mossy :thumb: PS sorry about the LOW quality pictures - but hey.. hard times = NO fix it YET !!! :cry:

Attachments

• DSCF1396.JPG
    DSCF1396.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 889
  • DSCF1397.JPG
    DSCF1397.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 850
  • DSCF1401.JPG
    DSCF1401.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 846
  • DSCF1402.JPG
    DSCF1402.JPG
    9.2 KB · Views: 841
  • DSCF1403.JPG
    DSCF1403.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 844
  • DSCF1404.JPG
    DSCF1404.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 857
The 'Cat look splendid Peter! The u-cart is a great addition and she looks ready to be catapulted off the deck. The wheels look a bit "Pilsworth-ish" though....hmmmm ;)

Great job!
Mike

The 'Cat look splendid Peter! The u-cart is a great addition and she looks ready to be catapulted off the deck. The wheels look a bit "Pilsworth-ish" though....hmmmm ;)

Great job!
Mike

Yo.... Glad you like her, and well spotted.. the wheel hubs are Gary's set on a disc card pile - then sanded to profile :mrgreen:

That IS a very nice build, and Photo work :) Thanks for sharing with us

Great looking model, older grandsons favorite also, now to find time to build....Thanks for sharing

Great looking model, older grandsons favorite also, now to find time to build....Thanks for sharing

Thank you Gregh - pleased you like the model... and your older Grandson sure has got a good taste for aircraft :thumb:

uhu02 has a wonderful model of Discovery from 2001, a space odyssey. I noted a centrifuge in the crew module during his early production design. Wouldn't it be great to see a modification (like he did with the time machine remake) that would detail the crew compartment ball section!