EXCLUSIVE Prototyp's Bentley Speed 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rickstef

Hi All,

Ryan of Prototyp has been working on a Bentley Speed 8.
He has kept me up to date as to his progess, and I have seen some of the development drawings and I have been drooling over this kit since he announced it.

Visit www.prototyp.org for other developmental pictures and other tidbits

Oh, yeah ! I will be building that one. :) And I'm about to place an order for the Nissan P35 and the Group C Silk Cut Jaguar. I'm working on the Nissan R390 GTR1 free download right now for practice. So far, it's going quite well.

R

rickstef

Steve,

You will get some great models when you order those two, I have all of them, and they rival some of the Czech kits I have and have seen, in detail and skill.

Prototyp's kits are very well designed, and when I started the Castrol Jag, I thought I was going to go nutz with the skill needed to build the car, but Ryan has some very clever touches to do some of the more complex parts.

The Jag has been in dry dock for some time, I will have to get her out and start a stretch run to finish her.

Rick

rickstef said:
Steve,

You will get some great models when you order those two, I have all of them, and they rival some of the Czech kits I have and have seen, in detail and skill.

Rick

As in "skill" of the design, or "skill" required of the builder ? :wink:

Actually, I don't fear the prospect of complexity, as long as the instructions are good and the fit of the parts is precise....On your Jag, is it a curbside model, or are there removable body panels and so on ?

R

rickstef

Steve,

Both, because the skill from the builder and designer are evident in the model.

and yes the kits are curbside, but according to Ryan, there might be an option for a simple interior, but we will see when he releases it

Rick

Rick,

Oh, I assure you - curbside suits me just fine. :wink:

I think trying to do something like an engine comparment with the engine and all the associated parts, suspension bits and the like in paper would be insanely difficult. Not to mention, anything that detracts from the structural integrity of the model, such as a prototype where the back of the car lifts off, would seem to be a big handicap in paper modeling.

One thing I like about cars, despite the curves which require a lot of tabs, in a scale like 1/24 there aren't too many small fiddly bits, at least compared to building a ship model. Building a race car interior, well, you couldn't simplify it too much, on a beautiful model such as offered by Prototyp, it would have to be at least detailed enough not to detract from the high standards set by the rest of the model. And then you'd have something which would exceed either my skills or my patience, likely both.

rickstef said:
Steve,

Both, because the skill from the builder and designer are evident in the model.

Rick

Rick,

Just placed my order for the XJR-11 and the Nissan. Took a look at the build tutorials while I was on Prototyp's site. You're weren't kidding, these are not n00b kits. :shock: :wink:

R

rickstef

Steve,

Well, that is one of the reasons why I like the Prototyp kits, enough detail to freak me out, and still interesting to keep my attention

Some of the Czech kits are just nutz, they have sooo many pieces, some of the cars have very detailed suspensions, but then nothing for an interior, but then some times that changes too

Rick

Received my two Protyp kits today. 4 parts sheets per model and they're a thing of beauty. Brake rotors, Silk Cut livery, carbon fiber parts, etc.; all done in sharp clarity - photo-realistic quality. Well done, Prototype.

Ponytail

Rick,

Ryan hasn't updated his site for a long timne. Any news on the progress of the Bentley. Waiting for this one to order it with the Nissan.
Although the Prototype-models are not for the beginner, due to their alternative way of construction in some ways, I do recommend them.
Having build the Jaguar and the Toyota.

The Ponytail

R

rickstef

Wim,

Last time I spoke with Ryan, he was working on another Nissan, the GTP-ZX
Ryan was having some problems with the front wheel fairings on the Bentley
But I will ask him what is going on else where

Rick

Have there been any updates the site seems to be idle. No changes for some time I had my eye on this some time back and now just looking to ge tthem so can have them on my to do list. Just wondering.

Have there been any updates the site seems to be idle. No changes for some time I had my eye on this some time back and now just looking to ge tthem so can have them on my to do list. Just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.