Easter chicken on the loose! :-)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Howdee, fans! :)

This project is a collaborate effort of my mom and me. Our local broadcasting studio has started a call to send them self-made chicken in all forms to decorate the TV studio for Easter. Paper, fabric, mixed media - any kind of creation is appreciated. My mom is an avid hobby crafter and swang into action. I left her "home alone" for one day ;) and when I returned she presented to me some paper ball chicken! :)

Needless to say that I joined her and chose the Canon Japanese Bantam chicken for my entry. I chose it for its cuteness and the easy assembly. To make it look more interesting I recoloured the pattern and made one original sized one and two others which I re-scaled to 71% so that they would fit on one page.

DSCF9109.jpg

These are the printed parts ...

DSCF9113.jpg

... and the finished animals. :)

DSCF9114.jpg

DSCF9115.jpg

Very cute - but a bit "un-special". Knowing that my mom has a large box of all sorts of crafting stuff I left the chicken in her care to beef them up a bit and went to work.

The first thing she did was to fill the body with cotton and to add some paper feet:

DSCF9117.jpg

The big one got the large feet, BTW. ;)

Then she put the models into her crafting box, shook them a little bit and when she took them out again they looked like this:

DSCF9119.jpg

DSCF9120.jpg

DSCF9121.jpg

DSCF9122.jpg

DSCF9125.jpg

DSCF9126.jpg

DSCF9127.jpg

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The above pictures deceive the eye a bit; there are really one large and two small chicken which is proven by this shot:

DSCF9128.jpg

A cloe-up of the bottom with the cotton and the feet:

DSCF9133.jpg

All of them needed some strings on the back. To do so I folded the top flap up and not down and added a companion piece to the other side so that the body could be closed as intended. The original plan was to punch through the flap and pull a string through it. Unfortunately the flap got destroyed while trying. My mom had the idea to glue the string to the flap directly and cover up the glue spot with a rhinestone.

DSCF9134.jpg

DSCF9135.jpg

DSCF9139.jpg

DSCF9140.jpg

DSCF9142.jpg

DSCF9144.jpg

:)

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
Very cool! Nice work! Good luck with the contest. You and your mom work well together. I'd love to see what she'd do with some of your BSG models!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
THANK YOU! :)

I think she would bling-bling the heck out of them... :Grin:

Alright, by now you might be wondering how the chicken look like my mom has made - and here they are:

DSCF9145.jpg

The head consists of four pieces: front, back, the hood inbetween and the beak. The face was not printed but hand-painted with pencils and markers. The same feet were used on them.

DSCF9147.jpg

DSCF9148.jpg

DSCF9149.jpg

DSCF9154.jpg

Mommy chicken still has an egg inside, so the family is growing soon. ;)

And here are the little ones:

DSCF9150.jpg

DSCF9151.jpg

DSCF9152.jpg

And the whole family together:

DSCF9158.jpg

DSCF9159.jpg

DSCF9165.jpg

Unfortuately my mom was so fast that I was unable to take any WIP pictures but there are plenty of tutorials on how to make paper balls like this one:

All chicken have been packed up well and sent to the TV station. Let's keep our fingers crossed that they will hit the screen soon! :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The chicken have arrived! They have put up the blue one, maybe the others will follow. The shrub is a bit small so I can imagine that not all of them will be featured. :)

Video:

(available for one week; go to 20:21 min)

Screenshot:

1.jpg

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup