DJPinter's wife in under ventilation, he has his family have COVID

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator

DJPinter has notified me that his wife is now in the hospital in ICU with COVID and viral pneumonia. She is on a ventilator. DJPinter's himself now has COVID, and does his daughter. This family is being hit really hard.

I am asking that fellow members say prayers, in and offer support in whatever manner they may, regardless of their religious affiliation that their family may be blessed to come through this very dark time.

To top it off, his company has not renewed his contract.

"There but by the Grace of God go I" This has been a story I am hearing over and over. This forum touches a lot of people, and at this time must reflect what is going on around us, and offer our support. We can't stick our heads in the sand. We are entering a very dangerous time with COVID as people closed inside because of the cold weather chance spreading it more. New more virulent mutations are appearing.

To all, please pray for this family, and let us behave as if though we are under attack, because we are. COVID has ravaged this country, taking brilliant minds, our loved ones. We do not know and willl never know what has been stolen from the future by the lives that will never be fulfilled.

Zathros

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I am sorry to hear that! @DJPinter I hope that you and your family make a strong and speedy recovery! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
You have our support DJPinter. I've spoken to many and many are praying for you and you beloved family

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
My wife is in one of the 'At risk' groups, and for that reason, we don't go anywhere that we don't have too, except the occasional meal out. @DJPinter, you, and your family are in my prayers, I hope you and yours are blessed with a speedy recovery and are bale to take Gods comfort as he heals you.

Micah

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
DJ, I'm so sorry. I hope you and your family are able to fight the infection successfully and do not have to suffer any after effects. You all are in my prayers.

There were several cases among my friends. The outcome is so unpredictable. Some do not show any symptoms, others are suffering even after they have overcome the infection. Take care and have faith.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Where do you live? I am struggling to hold on in Connecticut. Everything is so damned expensive up here, it's not easy. There are food pantries in our town, and in Danbury Ct, the next town over. You should check out of their are local food pantries, these places give away food free. This will get you what you need much quicker. If you tell me where you live, I can research for any pantries in your area. I just need your town, and state, you don't have to give me any personal information, unless I find someone who is willing to help you locally. Send me P.M.. :)

Zathros

Last edited:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
As an adendum to the above post, if you have food you can donate to your local food pantry, stuff that you think you can do without, donate it. Or makig a special shopping, and donate it. I do this a often, and it reallly helps people out. I tend to donate canned foods, bags of rice, flour sugar, crackers, etc., the stuff you need to make meals, which really save money. Ready to eat meals are great for people who are ill and just need to heat up a can of soup or stew. It really doesn't cost that much, and the feeling you get is more than the payback you can possibly believe.

DJPinter

Trusted Confidant
Where do you live? I am struggling to hold on in Connecticut. Everything is so damned expensive up here, it's not easy. There are food pantries in our town, and in Danbury Ct, the next town over. You should check out of their are local food pantries, these places give away food free. This will get you what you need much quicker. If you tell me where you live, I can research for any pantries in your area. I just need your town, and state, you don't have to give me any personal information, unless I find someone who is willing to help you locally. Send me P.M.. :)

Zathros
There is a nearby church that has a food panty. I just got a trunk load from them. I also have a friend that volunteers and the county food bank.

fatalbert

All my support and thoughts, DJ.
But to all others, please PLEASE observe the recommendations to fight this terrible virus:
Keep 1.5 m / 5 ft distance to all other people,
Wash your hands after touching anything outside your house,
Wear masks,
Do not go out if you don't have to,
Do not visit each other.
Do not shake hands or hug.
If we hang on to these rules, we shall prevail.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
These places want to give the food away. Use them, they need to give the food away to make space for more donations. Never feel too proud when your're hungry. I've been in that position. When I broke my neck, I went 9 months without pay and at the end of that was so hungry, I was eating old french fries I found under the seat of my van. Then I finally started getting paid.

DJPinter

Trusted Confidant
No, I'm not dead.

My daughter's and my symptoms left around Jan 15. Five days later my wife was given a tracheostomy and transferred to a long term acute care facility to continue her recovery. A week or so ago she started breathing on her own and was taken off the ventilator.

I have two back to back interviews this Thursday with two different companies in Pittsburgh. One with a bank and another with my old employer. I've been working for them for over 15 years. This new position is for a full time employee.

Things are looking slightly up.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
That is very good news!!!I am glad to hear that you and your family are recovering from this! I hope that your interviews go well!
Both you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!