Dimorphodon, by @Strick67

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
YAY! The beauty pics are beautiful! :)

Quick tip: If you have another person available you could hang the model on a pole or a long stick with thin string and ask the person to hold it up in the air. That way you could take pictures of the model "in flight" like these:

raptor-flying18-jpg.107847
raptor-flying11-jpg.107838

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
YAY! The beauty pics are beautiful! :)

Quick tip: If you have another person available you could hang the model on a pole or a long stick with thin string and ask the person to hold it up in the air. That way you could take pictures of the model "in flight" like these:

Yea I know, but the wife used all my thin thread, and no one but me and here home at the time, and she was working on the gecko enclosures... Damn lizards get more attention than I do.

Strick67

AKA Dinoreplicas
Excellent job on the build @micahrogers, she looks great out in the sunlight too (completely agree with you that the model is a female :biggrin:).

I intended the feet to sit vertically but I messed up my first build as I was in a hurry. So that's entirely my fault for not indicating the alignment correctly. Anyway it's not a big issue as I don't think it's known how Dimorphodon carried its feet and your(our) version may be correct!

Would you mind if I link to this build-log on my twitter/deviantart etc. as it's a great guide for anyone wanting to build this model.

@Revell-Fan those photos in post #21, I can't see any supports. Have you digitally removed the thread from the image or is this clever photography?

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Excellent job on the build @micahrogers, she looks great out in the sunlight too (completely agree with you that the model is a female :biggrin:).

I intended the feet to sit vertically but I messed up my first build as I was in a hurry. So that's entirely my fault for not indicating the alignment correctly. Anyway it's not a big issue as I don't think it's known how Dimorphodon carried its feet and your(our) version may be correct!

Would you mind if I link to this build-log on my twitter/deviantart etc. as it's a great guide for anyone wanting to build this model.

@Revell-Fan those photos in post #21, I can't see any supports. Have you digitally removed the thread from the image or is this clever photography?
I don't see why you can't link to it on your pages, you designed the model. I'm glad you liked the build, I did my best. I am still re learning a lot of skills that I lost, neuropathy (sic) is tough... fingers don't want to do what they used to do.