destroyer class omega "agamemnon"(babylon 5)

lepaj

fully its development. from 3D models and assemblies took about 2 years.
742631021dae.jpg

da3cde3d9aa3.jpg

80582032b75f.jpg

26c77639e441.jpg

afcc69cc89ec.jpg

114b99b1dccc.jpg

b9809e7eb56a.jpg

eb4d23940064.jpg

dfc4ba9ba641.jpg

be553d0487e1.jpg

d9dd6b3133b9.jpg

9e1a1cc8c308.jpg

e7b532347a7f.jpg

6cafd6428eb4.jpg

aae11fd58c77.jpg

d6f967b1411b.jpg

4e7f75c2a91a.jpg

83fa91aaffe5.jpg

fd3b0fe5c86d.jpg

1db533e15ee5.jpg

ca30debed765.jpg

1ddc2c3970a4.jpg

4e8eeb84de74.jpg

:)

Z

Zathros

The sound your heard over there was my jaw hitting the ground when I saw these pictures! Incredible mastery of the..more than a hobby here...Artwork? I don't know what to call something so perfect!? Incredible!! Could you post your Star Fury? :inw:

Also, as the posts had many pictures, I had to approve them before they showed. This will happen for a short while, eventually the forum software will not "flag" your posts. So if you make the post and don't see it, give me a chance to approve it. I believe I am on the other side of the world, so there will be a time delay. :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
With all due respect, this does not look like paper in any way shape or form.
This truly looks like it is studio and museum quality.

You have done an ABSOLUTELY PHENAMINAL job on this model.

I look forward to seeing more of your AMAZING work.

Kjev

WOW! It's 5:30 AM here and that's the first thing I've seen. What an INCREDIBLE way to start the day. Without a doubt, that is one of the nicest builds I have ever encountered. Your work and patience are incredible!

Well Done!

Bhelliom

!!! I see detail on your model I didn't know the original even had! You have created the Definitive Omega-class destroyer model!

Model of the Month! No, Model of the Year!

Scott K.

daishi

WOW. I have an Omega destroyer downloaded somewhere on my hard drive with similar level of detail (ok probably a bit less but not by much)
But i took one look of it and decided I don't want to build it THAT much. :)

Absolutely amazing!

!!! I see detail on your model I didn't know the original even had!
Actually I've read somewhere that the original (Lightwave maybe?) models had multiple object groups on them which the modellers could turn on and off for rendering to save some on the poly count if the model was farther away.
So most of the fine detail were probably only show on extreme close-ups.

Another tidbits I remember is that the Omegas rotating decks model were "borrowed" copy paste style from 2010 Odyssey Two.
The designer also wanted to create a much more complex engine section (because the rotating nature of the grav decks), but when he explained it to the others they just said just put a big engine on it, and work on the next model (they were short on time)

Just in case someone is interested :)

jdmozaffari

The Omega class destroyer is my all time favorite scifi design. I am stunned that your incredibly detailed model of it is made out of paper! WOW!

Maverick65

Thank-You, Thank-You, Thank-You

I am completely speechless and struck with awe. jawdrop Your attention to detail is just stunning.

And :agree1:with Bhelliom you definitely deserve build of the year-no wait make that the next 2 years.

When I get to my B5 fleet I'll be happy if mine turn out 10th as good as yours. :inw: Hope you don't mind if I use yours as reference when I get around to building this one.

Thanks for sharing your incredible build. I cant wait to see your Star Fury build.

Regards,

Rick

aleks

I'm becoming more and more frustrated about my poor attempt to made a decent model, and tired to say "Ashtouding", "Beautiful", "Amazing" and so on...

but I have to say "Ashtouding, Beautiful, Amazing work"! hats off!

technical question:

1) paper tickness?
2) you have used some non-paper parts on your model, like wire, plastic sprues and domes, and bits... painted before use? superglue?
3) the lattice structure of the "rotating" section is all made out of paper?

lepaj

Aleks
Yes all this paper. spherical surfaces. they are made from plastic foam aircraft.
the paper used the density of 200 g/m2
also used copper wire of various diameters for antennas and pipelines