De ja ... the feeling you're building a model you built before...

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
That's the game called "sock her" I believe. :)

Reactions: Sky Seeker

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
:hammerhead::lolsign: :hammerhead:

Oh guys, please send me some of the pills you have taken!!!

:animated::animated::animated:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You refer the the armored men with helmets who throw the oblong ball, on a flat field of ground that could well used for something else? I have seen this, the permanently damaged children whose lives are ruined in high school by the spinal cord injuries. I have never seen more than 10 minutes of this interplay/death match. I have played and enjoy soccer but detest the violence that has developed in Europe, the U.K. and other places over it. When we played soccer in high school, most of us were playing hard but laughing too, not trying to kick each other in the shins. No argument from me on that, except for the violence. I know some people really like American football, and more power to them. I have never seen one of those people I would call a hero. I could not waste an afternoon watching either game. I could watch sailing boat races though. I actually used to race 10 meter sailboats. I never met outside of the people doing it, anyone who found it interesting, but they did not understand what they were looking at anyways. Just my two cents worth. Oh, I like the Red Bull and Reno Airplane races, though are incredible. :)

Reactions: Sky Seeker

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
It's true what you say Zathros,we watch sports that interest us. Being of English origins I do have a strong leaning to footie, but I also enjoy watching cycling (Tour de France, etc). Most just don't get it :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
My brother in law designed the Cannondale bikes that took the 2,3rd, and 5th place, in Le Tour de France, I can't remember the year. The bike was called the Cannondale 6-13. He has a patent on a portion of the frame design. I can't even say where and what he does now. I got to ride the prototype. He threw the frame to me to catch, it weighted around 8 ounces. He designed the frame for the Scalpel too. Bottom pic. Note the single sided one fork front end, that also has suspension. It's completely Carbon Fiber. ;)

Cannondale_Six13-red.JPG

Cannondale Scalpel.jpg

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
The Six-13, if you could get one, was around $6000 dollars, that's over 10 years ago. That did not include pedals. When we went for a ride together, me with my new recumbent bike I had designed, I noticed he seemed to be breathing hard. I asked him if he was O.K., he said he didn't know how much longer he could keep the speed up. It was windy, we were doing 21 mph. My bike was so much more aerodynamic, I didn't notice the head wind like he did. He laughed and said "You put a bike together using .050" mild steel 2" O.D. tubing, and I'm the one having trouble keeping up with you. That's why recumbent bikes are banned for the International Bike races. My trike isn't quite as fast, but a steady 18 mph can be reach without much effort,and sustained. It has disc brakes in front (independently operated), and rear suspension, 24 speeds. I know it seems I never make anything, I just make different things. I machined every part and welded every part together on this bike except for the ancillary components, that came from other bicycles. Cannondale donated to me over $3000 dollars worth of parts, to help fund my endeavors, after seeing my bike and trike. It's a shame their gone now, as an independent company, that is.;)

trike.jpg

Last edited:

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
That is a pretty cool bike :) I had to convert miles to km :) Average speed of 33.7km/h is nothing to be sneezed at! I would love to be able to hold 29km/h consistently! (18Mph) I normally sit at about 25-27 km/h. (15-17 mph)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
As we said during D-Day, "Tanks a Million"!! You really are unaffected by wind as it flows over you, it does not get caught in the "sail" that is created by your chest and abdomen.;)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
These Scot's are crazy....

Started the lower section of the primary hull, ended up with a big bobble :headbange:, so reprint....

I then started on the bridge (almost complete) which I will only attach once I get the lighting and other bits sorted. I'll post a pic once it's done ;)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
I like that you are lighting it. Lights always add another dimension to models. I am looking forward to seeing how this will turn out.

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Thanks RB, I'm also enjoying the challenge of lighting up a paper model. I mentioned previously my previous experience was lighting up plastic ones, which I have to say was easier :) (Sadly on the bridge of my Star Destroyer survived) Don't know what happened to my Enterprise B that I lit up

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
So I had a nice, lazy weekend and got quite a bit done!

Finished off the under side of the main hull, phasers & all greebled up :)

IMGP0484.JPG

I then completed the "neck"

IMGP0482.JPG

And the open shuttle bay ... bit of fine trimming needed here

IMGP0483.JPG

And then the primary deflector was started :)

IMGP0481.JPG

And yes, I will be lighting this part up :) (figuring out how to do it will be fun :))

Millenniumfalsehood

Mar 17, 2007
Ark City, Kansas
If it were me lighting the deflector, I'd print the deflector on typing paper, block out light around it with black paint, then build a cone from paper that fits to it and mount an LED in the narrow end like a flashlight reflector. But that's how I'd do it. :p Fantastic work so far, though!