D-Whale's Kardashian, sorry Cardassian.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Not sure the software makes much difference. I have seen some fantastic models made using PAINT. If you have a family member who is a studen, you can get Rhino3D 5.0, the full working version, for $199 opposed to $1000. A really good deal.

I have seen people build up fantastic models with a compass, rule, and really good drawings. Even with the software, the reference pictures are the most important. Any Blueprints that have formers on them can be made without use of a computer. It does help though. These were aircraft and boats and were painted afterwards. Many people want printed color models, which obviously is easier to do on a computer. :)

Mikos

The software makes no difference... For my changes in this model i use MS Paint... New parts and and and... For my textures, see Romulan Scout, i've use Corel Draw... ;) Easy way to paint and scale... ^^

Mikos

Wusaaaaa....
Finished and ready to fly... ^^
I hope any one has new ideas for there own build.. :mrgreen:

IMGP0958.JPG

IMGP0966.JPG

IMGP0970.JPG

IMGP0977.JPG

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Mikos, you have set the standard by which all of builds of this model will be judged. It is awesome!! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
You have done an ABSOLUTELY AMAZING JOB on this build!!!
The amount of detail that you have put into this model is BREATHTAKING!!!
All of the lines looks VERY CLEAN and CRISP!
I can not see any flaw or mistake anywhere.
I have to agree with Zathros. You have (INDEED) set the bar VERY HIGH with this build.
KUDOS TO YOU ON A FINE JOB WELL DONE!!!

KEEP UP THE FANTASTIC WORK!!!

D-WHALE

Utopia Planitia Engineer
First of all. CONGRATULATIONS! Great job!
Is that length a little over 20cm (8")?

well, the problem with the "real" lenght of Star Trek ships is simple! I designed the ship with reference length of something over 370 meters! 3 or 4 years later they changed the length to 481 meters devil so that the scale is not really 1/1700, but possible!

Rogerio Silva

No problem...

well, the problem with the "real" lenght of Star Trek ships is simple! I designed the ship with reference length of something over 370 meters! 3 or 4 years later they changed the length to 481 meters devil so that the scale is not really 1/1700, but possible!

No problem, man... I was referring to the model's length... Of course, now that you've said the "original" length and scale, things are much simpler.
Thanks!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
TO think that at the center of the Cardassian Empire likes this singularity!!

kim-kardashian-butt1.jpg