D M & E

Bob Collins

Just curious as to whether or not anyone has ever seen anything modeling the DM&E (Dakota, Minnesota and Eastern)? It is a real 1100 mile regional line that has aquired (pending) the 1700 mile I & M Rail Link and will form the Iowa, Chicago and Eastern to take over the IMRL assets.

I don't think I've seen anything in any gauge for any of the aforementioned lines, have any of you?

Bob

Bob Collins

Thanks Charlioe.

It peaked my interest because it is the sort of terrain I am looking to use on my layout and I thought it might be fun to do. I think I'd have to become proficient at decal removal and replacement:D :D

Bob

G

Gregg Mahlkov

DM&E Covered Hoppers

See N Scale Supply's website. According to it, PWRS has had InterMountain make a run of DM&E grain covered hoppers PWRS usulally does their special runs in both HO and N.

Bob Collins

Gregg;

I checked out the PWRS website and they have lots of goodies on there including several sets of DM&E covered hoppers. Thanks again.

Bob

alkcnw

In the newest Model Railroader mag. Athearns has a Trinity covered hopper in DM&E'S yellow and blue colors. In the feedmill where I work the CP tracks run about 20 feet from the building, I see many DM&E hoppers and box cars go by each day.:eek: