Coronation class loco from card

prm57

P1000422.JPG P1000380.JPG P1000387.JPG Hi its been a while since I have been on here. have just finished my latest model from card and its took me over a year to build. Same scale as my others at 20 to 1. a big part of it from cereal boxes. Various other bits like house wiring for the copper pipes. Struts from an old umbrella for the chrome hand rails. It measures 4 Foot long and is housed in a case which I built myself. I counted the individual pieces I made for this model just out of interest (Sad) and it came to 7389 in total. I have fitted 7 leds in the cab of the model and wired them to the outside of the case so when I do shows I can light it up and show the details inside the cab. all the name and signs used I printed to scale on my PC mostly from my own photos of the real thing. a lot of the detail is hand painted such as the cab side numbers. I have included few photos. Pete.

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Absolutley amazing! A pic of it lit up would be nice to see.... ;)

The level of detail you've put in is incredible, excellent job!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
She's a beauty, for sure. All of her parts. A lifetime achievement if modeling. Perseverance at it's best. :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Astounding, brilliant, and quite right!! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
You did a PHENOMENAL JOB on this project! It does not look like it was scratch built from cereal boxes.
This is MUSEUM QUALITY!!!