Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VII

jeffrey-wimberl

I've been working under the layout today tracking down a short in the wiring of one the turnouts. Wasn't hard to find, just took time to correct.

sir james

GOOD EVENING ALL, John I hope we get to see some progress pictures. Sunny and 32 today, no snow expected till tomorrow nite. I ran a Lionel scale Hudson today and a Railking CP Royal Hudson which is my last engine purchase from that company until they make one that does not need a battery. All is well as things can be for two olde folks. Take care, enjoy tomorrow. S.J.

Well Big brown came today finally it was supose to be here on the 2nd infact it was at the shipping center on the 31 at 06:28 lol but anyway all well that end well. It contained 3 of the Nascar Expansion packs in it. So now I guess I will look for the others and the 2 train sets don't really know why as not a big Nascar fan but something about them I liked all of a sudden:drag1:

jefelectric

SJ, Will post progress pictures, but it will slow for a little. The grandson works on a local farm every evening this week from 3:30 to 6:30 and the rest of the evening is for homework. Friday, Saturday and Sunday his whole family will be at the PA Farm Show showing goats, lambs and hogs. The PA Farm Show is a week+ long event like a state fair except it is indoors in mid winter. May get some work on the layout the following weekend.

RT, They shouldn't be hard to find, from what I hear they didn't sell very well and there should be a lot of them floating around.

Chief Eagles

Back from Town Board. Cloudy and warm. Suppose to rain big time after midnight.
John F's grandkids are great kids. They show their farm animals and do a great job.
Good night all.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 50 and raining out here by the lake on this dark, dreary morning. The high is projected to be in the mid 50's and there's more rain on tap.

Got the short in the turnout wiring sorted out yesterday and made sure there weren't more waiting in the wings and ran down a bad connection in the layout sound system. Today I think I'll just sit back and listen to the rain on the tin roof.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/6/2009

Wind Chill: 48°F
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 50°F

So Far Today
High: 50°F
Low: 46°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph SSE

National weather service Doppler radar continues to indicate areas of showers and rain falling over southeast Texas...southern Louisiana and the adjacent coastal waters. Rainfall amounts are averaging less than 1/4 of an inch per hour. In addition areas of fog is lowering visibility to less than 1 mile along the coast with visibility inland ranging from 1 to 3 miles.

Today High: 55 Areas of fog early in the morning. Showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 50s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent.

Tonight Low: 40 Mostly cloudy early in the evening then clearing. Colder. Lows around 40. West winds 10 to 15 mph.

P1010771.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was 37 F as I headed in this morning. High today will be 37 F. I am not sure what the commute home will be like. Depending on which weather guesser you listen to we could get snow, sleet, freezing rain, and/or rain or something in between.

My daughter had basketball practice last night. The bird came home from veterinary hospital yesterday afternoon. She seems to be doing well. She is alert and interacting with people again.

No modeling last night.

I hope everybody has a good day.

sir james

GOOD EVENING, just checking in. a gray day but no snow yet as one or two inch's expected in the next 48 hours. no big deal, even I can handle that.
John as we know getting your grandson onto a loop of track will be progress there's so many other things for kids to do these days. Good luck. I have a trip to the train store planned for tomorrow. May need a fistfull of cash as new GG1 set is there. TTFN...S.J.

jefelectric

Good evening everyone, No trains yet today.

SJ, Is that the Classic GG1 outfit from the latest catalog? That is my plan for the layout, get the outside loop up and running and then build from there.

Got a North Carolina State box car in the mail today, wonder where that came from, hmm?

Chief Eagles

Went ot Lake House today. Frankie and I did more wiring. New fixtures in new places and fished walls for switches. Got back after dark. Rainy and cool here but rainy and cold up there [and not that far north of us]. John, watch that NC car. Might have a surprise in it. :twisted: Good night all.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 38 and clear. Hard to believe after all the rain we got yesterday. Today's high will be in the mid 60's and it will be partly cloudy.

Didn't do much yesterday aside from pry the base off the Atlas passenger station as the first step of converting it to freight station. I'm at the point of trying to decide where to put the Shell Auto Center. I also have to juggle a couple of structures around to make way for the fire station as well. Decisions, decisions.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/7/2009

Wind Chill: 38°F
Humidity: 74%
Dew Point: 30°F

So Far Today
High: 48°F
Low: 38°F
Gust: 25mph NNE

Today High: 65 Mostly sunny. Not as cool. Highs in the mid 60s. West winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 42 Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 40s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

P1010760.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was 34 F as I headed out this morning and raining. High will be 43 F. We had some icing overnight but the morning commute was not too bad. In many places there was still ice in the trees. I did slip a little on one of the hillier roads. The counties to the west and north of us are still under an Ice Storm Warning.

I did not get any train time in last night. My daughter was supposed to have her flute lesson last night but just before we were to leave she complained about being sick to her stomach, so we did not go. It looks like she may have gotten a virus of some kind as she was up half the night. Needless to say she is home from school today, the first day she missed this year. The bird is improving and has found her voice again. She coos whenever she sees my wife or hears her voice. She had not done that for several days.

Tonight is Cub Scout den meetings and cutting pinewood derby cars.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Chief Eagles

Morning. Been busy here at the house and then call from buddy up NAWTH [MA]. Have a good one. Windy, warm and spitting rain.

sir james

HOWDY ALL, 32 and lite snow off and on. Not actually much, just making the roads a little touchy. I took a trip to the train store and picked up my GG1 set, Good deal for the preorder price and it ran right out of the box. And people say that never happens anymore. Have a safe tomorrow...S.J.

jefelectric

I took a trip to the train store and picked up my GG1 set, Good deal for the preorder price and it ran right out of the box. And people say that never happens anymore. Have a safe tomorrow...S.J.

Sounds good, I think Lionel may be on to something here.

I went to the museum library this morning but waited till 8:30 to leave, usually leave about 7:30. No problems driving, but the temps hovered just above freezing all day 33 to 34 per the weather experts. Except for the library the TCA museum is shut down now until April when it opens for weekends. There will be shorter operating hours this summer due to budget restraints so if you plan a visit be sure to check the web site for hours of operation.

Stopped at the LHS and picked up some supplies for grandsons layout.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 50 and partly cloudy. High today will be in the low 70's and it will be partly cloudy.

Just started work yesterday on a new scene with a Shell Auto Center from Model Power. I'm setting the building and details out in different patterns to see which one I really like the best but I have a very limited amount of space to work with. I'll hit on something sooner or later. There's nothing much on the schedule today. I'll probably go and clean out my mother's car sometime today but that remains to be seen.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/8/2009

Wind Chill: 48°F
Humidity: 68%
Dew Point: 40°F

So Far Today
High: 50°F
Low: 49°F
Gust: 6mph WSW

Today High: 72 Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 50 Mostly clear until late night then becoming partly cloudy. Lows around 50. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

P1010764.jpg

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Took Lucy to vet's. Going to have her "fixed". Then got a biscuitt from Hardees as I was out. Started out sunny but clouding up [what is new!!!] Have a good day.

CSXect

:thumb::thumb:

Hardies great b-fest food, none in central Ohio but at least One up north in Willard and then you have to head south to find one in Ky. or Tennessee(great place to visit)

Good morning:wave:

not much going on at the moment.

jeffrey-wimberl

Well Louisiana finally went and did it and it's something I've been waiting a long time for. Text messaging, using cell phones, computers, PDA's, etc while operating a motor vehicle is now illegal. That's fine with me. I'm sick and tired of almost being run off the road by people who are distracted while playing with their Blackberry or whatever else instead of paying attention to the road.