Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VII

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Jeffrey, Is that one of those Amish fireplaces they are always advertising on TV?
No, but it's similar in appearance.

Good morning.

It's 50 and partly cloudy. The high is expected to be in the upper 50's and it will remain partly cloudy.

Got my new custom made shoes yesterday and they fit very well. Today I'll be working on breaking them in. Today I'm just sitting back and getting some rest for tonight.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/31/2008

Wind Chill: 45°F
Humidity: 71%
Dew Point: 41°F

So Far Today
High: 50°F
Low: 46°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 12mph NNE

Today High: 58 Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 50s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 35 Partly cloudy. Colder. Lows in the mid 30s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

P1010673.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was 36 F on the way in this morning. Our High today will be 41 F and then the temperatures will start to fall. By midnight it will be 23 F and overnight it will be down to 19 F. We are under a High Wind Warning and could have sustained winds of 40 MPH with gusts around 60 MPH. Hopefully the wind will die down before tomorrow otherwise it could affect the Mummers Day Parade. With their elaborate back pieces they cannot march in high winds or rain. You can get information about the parade at http://www.phillymummers.com/

Last night we took the Cub Scouts to a local sports memorabilia store for a baseball card collecting events. They learned the history of trading cards, the different types of cards, how to store them, and some games to play. It was a fun night and they came home with a bunch of cards.

Tonight we will watch the ball drop and make some noise at midnight.

Jefelectric, we will watch the parade from home. I have watched a few parades from the street and it’s generally too cold and few too many drunks. This year there is an outside chance that we could go and see the Fancy Brigades inside at the Convention Center if I can get tickets.

I hope everybody has a good day and a Happy New Year.

hickstmj

Marcie
Jan 28, 2008
Florida Panhandle
Hello all,
Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season. I have been absent for quite a while due to new grandson & holiday's. Hope I get some time to catch up with all the posts. Happy New Year to everyone!!!

Attachments

• Allen3.jpg
    Allen3.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 8

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Marcie...Good to see you've joined the Grandparents' club....If you enjoy it half as much as I have, I know you'll have a ball...!!

That's a fine looking baby boy..!! Congratulations..!! :thumb:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I need to correct my earlier post. We will be going into Philadelphia. For a birthday present for my wife I was able to get us tickets to the Fancy Brigades 5 PM performance. This is the performance where they are judged. It is inside in the Pennsylvania Convention Center.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Happy New Year. Welcome to 2009.

It's 35 here and clear. The high today will be around 60 and it will be partly cloudy.

I had intended for New Years to be a quiet time at home last night but that didn't happen. Just after 9 pm a group of twenty-somethings hauled me off to their party in my niece's trailer. I'm certain she was behind it. I can assure you that I was a perfect gentleman and didn't touch anything alcoholic. I watched them as they played their drinking games and when most of them were well plowed around 10:30 I made a bold dash for the door and made my escape with my sanity intact. The rap music they had going was about to drive me crazy! I went over to my sisters place and we watched 'Journey to the center of the earth' (the new one). About this time my parents arrived for the midnight festivities and we watched the ball drop at midnight (what little they showed of it) then I had a drink of a non-alcoholic sparkling berry champagne substitute and made a big dent in the ham and cheese audurves and the Chex Mix then went home. Of the original group of a dozen twenty-somethings five were still standing and three were actually coherent. If these people survive long enough to raise families I'll be surprised. They were really putting the beer and mixed drinks away. As for me I put my new Model Power Fire Station kit together then got a couple hours of sleep.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/1/2009

Wind Chill: 37°F
Humidity: 65%
Dew Point: 30°F

So Far Today
High: 41°F
Low: 34°F
Gust: 8mph E

Today High: 60 Partly cloudy. Highs around 60. Southeast winds around 5 mph.

Tonight Low: 52 Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Areas of fog after midnight. Warmer. Lows in the lower 50s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

P1010107-1.jpg

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Howdy All
I watched football,hockey,and looney toons cartoons, oh and the rose bowl parade. No trains
HAPPY NEW YEAR.....................................S.J.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Wake up you bums. What is this. Jeffrey has not posted. I tired to get on earlier and it would only give me a blank screen.
Off to lake house for a few days. Tried to snow and sleet but we drove the YANKEE mess back and it did not work. Suppose to be sunny and 58 tomorrow. May fish some. Have a good one.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 61 and foggy here. The high will be 75 and it will be partly cloudy.

Went to see the foot doc this morning. He says the feet are looking somewhat better and the sores are closing up some more. That's good news to me. Don't look at getting much done today. It's just one of those lazy days.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/2/2009

Wind Chill: 61°F
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 61°F

So Far Today
High: 61°F
Low: 57°F
Gust: 5mph SSE

Dense fog advisory in effect until 10 AM cst this morning.

Today High: 75 Partly cloudy. Areas of dense fog with visibility one quarter mile or less at times in the morning. Warmer. Highs in the mid 70s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 62 Partly cloudy until late night then becoming mostly cloudy. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the lower 60s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

P1010188.jpg