Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VII

Chief Eagles

Merry Ho Ho. Real warm. Was rainy but sun just came out. Does not seem right to have Chirstmas with shirt sleves only weather. Hope all have had and are having the best ever.

Brutus

Merry Christmas! Watching Christmas movies all day, cooking a roast and sides of dressing and mashed potatoes, but no deserts? Oh well, we have cookies and stuff left over. Hope everyone has had a great day!

sir james

Had a boring morning,no kids here anymore but we were all together for a great afternoon. I hope everyone enjoyed their christmas day..S.J.

jeffrey-wimberl

OK, here's what I got.

$90 cash.
2 DVD's, Kung Fu Panda and 10,000 BC.
A collection of scale vehicles. Problem is they're the wrong scale. They're 1/64, so they'll be going back in about a week.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 68 and very cloudy and wet here. The high is expected to be in the mid 70's and and it will be mostly cloudy with a small chance of rain.

Well yesterday I got $90 cash (always useful), 2 DVD's (Kung Fu Panda, 10,000 BC) and an assortment of scale vehicles. Problem is, they're the wrong scale. I model HO (1/87) and they're all 1/64. They'll be going back to the store as soon as possible. Yesterdays Christmas dinner was my favorite. Tex-Mex! My sister makes these things she calls enchiritos (combination of burrito and enchilada). These things are the size of paving bricks! Most people can't tackle one, I went through two and still had room for the spanish rice, refried beans, salad and stuffed pepper. Topped it off with a glass of lemon tea. When I checked my blood sugar this morning it was 140. Anything between 80 and 150 is good so at least I didn't overdo it. I hope everybody has a good day.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/26/2008

Wind Chill: 68°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
High: 68°F
Low: 66°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 17mph NNE

Today High: 75 Patchy fog early in the morning. Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 70s. South winds 10 to 20 mph.

Tonight Low: 68 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s. South winds around 15 mph.

P1010726.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was 32 F and dry for a change. High today will be 43 F. Guess what we have more rain coming tomorrow.

I hope everybody has a great Christmas. We had a nice family Christmas with a huge Christmas breakfast and a great ham dinner. There were some presents too. The only train item I got was an out of production Atlas Lehigh & New England covered hopper. The only place I have seen it has been on EBay and I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to get it. My wife and kids found it at a hobby shop and my son knowing I like the L&NE and since they saw nothing else insisted they get it. My daughter got my son a couple of Athearn blue box kits that were already assembled. He also got the Lego train.

I do have to hit the store return lines this weekend. We have one item that does not fit and another that was broken in shipping. We also have the biweekly grocery shopping. I would like to start working on the layout again. I will have to do some cleaning and straightening first.

Happy Boxing Day!

I hope everybody has a good day.

CSXect

Here are the pics of my Brutus Buckeye on MTH OSU caboose:thumb::cool:

Attachments

• mvc-002s.jpg
    mvc-002s.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 5
  • mvc-003s.jpg
    mvc-003s.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 6

steamhead

John...That dollhouse is absolutely beautiful..!!! Great work..!!

I presume it's for your granddaughters..??

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas..!!

sir james

Good Evening. Not a busy day here at home, Overcast all day and rain for tomorrow. no train running except the one under the tree. Just lazy I guess. Have a great weekend...S.J.

Chief Eagles

Rainy and chilly but not cold. Carter [1 1/2] ran trains with Granddad this evening. First time in months he has been here but remember they were upstairs. He's hooked. Good night all.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 70 and cloudy out here by the lake while we wait for the thunderstorms to move in. The high will be in the mid 70's.

Went to town yesterday and got the refunds on some gifts I couldn't use (wrong scale) then went to Alexandria and picked up an Athearn GP38-2 in UP paint with my Christmas money. UP fans need not be alarmed. I'm not going to repaint it. I got it because I needed a new chassis for one of my existing units that had a cracked frame and seemed to specialize in shorting out on turnouts. The UP shell is now on the old cracked chassis and is decorating my display rack. Transplanting the decoder from the old chassis to the new one and relinking the two locos of the consist back together was child's play and took about 10 minutes.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/27/2008

Wind Chill: 69°F
Humidity: 84%
Dew Point: 64°F

So Far Today
High: 70°F
Low: 69°F
Rain: 0.02"
Gust: 22mph S

Today High: 75 A chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may be severe in the afternoon. Breezy. Highs in the mid 70s. South winds 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 48 Cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Cooler. Lows in the upper 40s. West winds 10 to 15 mph in the evening becoming north after midnight.

P1010732.jpg

Chief Eagles

Evening all. Kind of slow over here I see. I had a busy day. Did get to visit Miss Edna [Todd's train Depot]. Rainy but warm. Spits off and on. Good night.

steamhead

John....Now that I have a g'daughter of my own, I might just give this dollhouse business a try....If & when, I'll be bugging you for details and "how-to's"....
Nothing like a baby girl to bring some light into the house....

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 43 and partly cloudy here. The high should be around 60 and it will be cloudy.

My new glasses came in yesterday morning. Yay, I can see again! Yesterday afternoon I went over to my niece's home to help her on the remodeling she's doing. I spent most of my time measuring, cutting and helping her and my sister to install crown molding in the master bedroom and hallway. There's still the second bedroom, bathroom and part of the hallway still to go. At about 8:45 we called it quits and went to my sisters place to dine on Christmas dinner leftovers. I had one of her enchiritos (the size of a paving brick), 4 beef tamales, some beans and a salad with a glass of lemon tea. I finally got back home around 11:30 last night and went right to bed.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/28/2008

Wind Chill: 39°F
Humidity: 74%
Dew Point: 35°F

So Far Today
High: 51°F
Low: 43°F
Rain: 0.00"
Gust: 8mph NNE

Today High: 60 Cloudy...cooler. Highs around 60. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 42 Cloudy until late night then becoming partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

P1010065.jpg

steamhead

Jeff...Glad you've finally gotten your "new" eyes...!!!
When I saw the pic of that structure I thought you'd really outdone yourself with the weathering....But then I realized Mother Nature had done the job....:mrgreen: