Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VII

jefelectric

The three smallest granddaughters visited today. Two youngest, 5 & 2 had a ball watching and the 5 year old running the trains. Ran the North Pole Central with the musical box car, had a freight running on the main and the 5 year old ran the old time Pennsy passenger train using DCS. She likes to talk through the mike on the DCS remote. I have a hopper full of candy on the North Pole Central that they can grab a piece when it goes by. They love that.

Jeffrey, Neat "Snow Globe" trick.

CSXect

:wave:

Good evening.

read some of my On30 annual books I now have all of them 2006-2009 lots of cool scratch building and kitbashing If you are into narrow gauge check them out:thumb: they are a carstens publication that comes out once a year.:cool:

Will be going to harbor freight Monday to stock up on some tools and replace the orbital sander that died on mesign1 Also ordered the x-former needed for resistance soldering station that I am building. Layout is progressing next stage is track work:eek: when I get a decent ratchet clamp will try one more try to bend gargraves track if I do not like the results will go all the way with Atlas O track.

:wave:

sir james

GG track is great if you can get the hang of it. I have no way to show you but maybe can explain my method. Use scrap wood draw the curve you want and cut it.Then tack the curve to the table, drill a starter hole for each screw, start on one end and screw down, then start wraping the track up against the board and add screws as you go. you will then need a cutting disc or saw to square the ends. I installed all my curves first and then added the straight sections after.

Pooh Bah
We started the day going to Trains on Brant at their new new location in Burlington (not on Brant St.) Their new location is bright and clean and spacious.
Dayle found what she wanted - the Polar Express car with announcements. The shop was having a varied sale all day -- when we were there it was track but I don't need any more -- but they took $10 off the car because it had been on special last week.
Dayle enjoys the car but I was a little disappointed that there's only one announcement. That and a conductor seem not much for $40 extra.
We also bought a station platform that she's had her eye on for a couple of years.

Brutus

Tired after a long day. Worked 6 hours (yay) then spent the OT money already on Christmas presents for the kids. I did spend a little time working on a layout plans for the future though. Good night! Chief's here, so I know the bed bugs will be scattering again ;)

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 59 and cloudy. The high will be around the low 70's and damp.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/14/2008

Wind Chill: 57°F
Humidity: 96%
Dew Point: 58°F

So Far Today
High: 59°F
Low: 57°F
Rain: 0.02"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 14mph NNE

South To Southeast Winds Will Increase To Around 20 Mph With Gusts To 30 Mph By Late Sunday Morning And Continue Through Late Sunday Afternoon. Winds Will Diminish As Sunset Approaches.

Now through 08:45 AM CST December 14, 2008

Patchy light rain will continue to move north at 40 mph along and west of an Alexandria to Cameron Louisiana line. Patchy light rain extends as far west as Beaumont and Kirbyville Texas. Elsewhere...in the coastal waters...light rain patches occasionally form near shore out to 60 nm between High Island and Grand Lake. Rainfall amounts less than one tenth of an inch an hour can be expected.

Today High: 72 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Breezy. Highs in the lower 70s. South winds 15 to 25 mph.

Tonight Low: 62 Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the lower 60s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

P1010643.jpg

Chief Eagles

Afternoon. Got to go do a repair at neighbor's house and then to a visitation [neighboring Mayor's mother's thing at funeral home]. Later

sir james

Good Evening, CSXect that method works very well. sorry I cannot post any sketchs'.the best part is you can make any size curve you need and it will be a perfect curve without kinks. We have 43 degrees and showers now and then, watched the Lions lose and then took a nap. That brings us to now. Have a good tomorrow....S.J.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
It is with deep regret - that I also must resign from Zealot.... It's been almost 8 years.. i have been Moderator and Admin since 12-26-2000... There have been way too many changes here and it is no fun Moderating anymore..

I wil remain here as a member as long as Crowdgather allows me to, but I'm off to change myself from Admin to member.

Thanks to all the Moderators and Don and especially my felow members - Who always made my job an easy one!!!!

Mikey

ozzy

wow, i got my old profile back! ok i have a question??? how wide and tall are rail ties? in real life? i want to make a rail road tie load in 1:48 scale.

good news i got my MTH steamer back from MTH today. the replaced the motor and a computer board. 450.00 in repair bill so they say...(same as i paid for the engine) but they never charged me a dime. turn around time was fast. so i feel i was treated good. cant complain.

i did buy me a new williams penn central gp-38 engine and dummy a week ago. makes 2 powered williams engines i have now.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 64 and cloudy. The high should be in the lower 70's with rain.

I'm only working on one project at present. It's am old Athearn GP38-2 chassis with AAR trucks and a Bachmann GP50 body. I'm putting a Bachmann decoder in this Heinz 57 nightmare and it'll be paired up with my Athearn SPSF Kodachrome GP38-2 which also has a Bachmann decoder. The hardest part was adapting the Athearn frame to the Bachmann body. This was definitely a shotgun wedding. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/15/2008

Wind Chill: 64°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 63°F

So Far Today
High: 66°F
Low: 64°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph S

Today Low: 55 High: 72 Patchy fog early in the morning...otherwise mostly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 70s. Temperature falling into the mid 50s by late in the afternoon. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph in the morning becoming north 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 45 Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Cooler. Lows in the mid 40s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

P1010660.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was 46 F as I headed on to the roads this morning. Our high today will be 61 F. This up and down temperatures is driving everyone crazy. We get a few days in the thirties followed by a couple of days in the sixties and then back down to the thirties. We also have more rain coming which we really don’t need. Some places are still recovering from flooding on Friday.

It was a busy weekend. We did the grocery shopping sandwiched between Christmas shopping excursions. We had the kids Christmas photos taken.

I continued working on the P2K B&O Mather stock cars. I have to add the brake wheel details, couplers, and trucks and then they are ready for weathering. I helped my son assemble an Accurail Kyle ACF covered hopper. It is the second one he has and the first kit he has put together. I had to do some of the assembling usually when a part had to be forced a little. He was afraid of pushing too hard and breaking something. He did about 80% of the assembling. When it was done he was so happy that he had built a train.

I hope everybody has a good day.

L

lester perry

Good morning all. I have absolutely nothing planned for today. I mentioned in an earlier post that my wife was worried about Christmas shopping. I questioned her as to why she was worried it is all done. Well she solved the problem. She returned a lot of stuff so she could shop some more. She even purchased the same thing she returned for our son. Can someone please explain this to me .

Chief Eagles

Good morning all. Warm and cloudy. Busy late afternoon. Got to call Dr. and I bet she wants me to go in just for a refill. :cry: Cold is a lot better. Got to go. Have a great week.

sir james

Les, a word for your wife. Some stores keep track of returns and too many returns mean they may refuse to take something back.
N, sorry to read your leaving, I hope you will still be able to visit. S.J.