Colonial Viper Car (PaperJams entry 2021)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
This is so Fraking outstanding!!! I'll get this printed up and do a build of it... Just what I needed to kickstart my building again... Thanks Marcel!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
A revision was made on Jan 9th, 2022. The front lights were covered by the nose flaps. This mistake was corrected. Everyone who had downloaded the file before this date may choose to replace it. :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I noticed that the leeway of the front tires might be a bit limited, so that should be addressed. You'll have to cut big portions out of the fuselage in order to add the electronics. I'd recommend a larger scale, too, of course. If you need modified parts, call me. ;) :D

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
I noticed that the leeway of the front tires might be a bit limited, so that should be addressed. You'll have to cut big portions out of the fuselage in order to add the electronics. I'd recommend a larger scale, too, of course. If you need modified parts, call me. ;) :D
I'm going to build the card model as-is at first and then see what modifications I have to make. Zathros recommended I build a wood or plastic frame to hold the electronics and other components so I'm keeping that in mind. The size of the components are going to dictate whether or not I go up in scale, but from what I've seen from you pattern, that won't be much of an issue. I'll let you know if a need any modified parts. Thank you for your nice offer!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You are welcome! Your plan is sound. The tolerances of getting the both halves of the fuselage together may be a bit tight on the small one but things will get easier on any bigger one. The nose however might require some formers then. :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you! It's just a very basic version, not as wide as mine but it should do for a nice display. You may stretch it if you like, everything you need is there. ;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
HOWEVER, technically this model does not belong into the Science Fiction section but in the Vehicles section because it presents a real car. Ah well. I'll leave it up to you to decide where you put it! :) :drinksmile: