Clone Wars ATTE

Scarecrow

Right! Finally back to this after a busy couple of months.

Got it unwrapped at lunchtime and ran a quick Ambient Occlusion bake to a texture. I can now get on with texturing it. My favourite bit.

Crow

Scarecrow

I finally got some time to work on this. It's been quite a while.

I started roughing out the panel lines using my umpteen tons of reference images and Maya's 3DE paint tool. I've also modified a few bits and remapped and re-lit it several times. I need to get all that nailed before I finally move over to Pepakura.

Crow

blaar

Thanks for the update, really looking forward to this and to the completion of that other little project of "ours" :)

kolacho

OMG! OMG! :) y love this model!! please can you post some pic of the 3d model? it a possibility to make it in another scale? 1/50 maybe?
I stay tunned :)

Scarecrow

My original plan was to make it about 16cm long as a desk decoration, but I'm seriously considering making it 1:50 now to work with 28mm miniatures for gaming. That'd make it about 26cm long.

oh.. and most of the images posted so far are of the 3D model.

Crow

Scarecrow

I'm considering making the PDO available for folks who want to tinker with scale and maybe add their own textures etc, however my concern is that with the latest version of pepakura, it's possible to extract the mesh from the file and I don't really want people doing that. If I thought folks might use it honestly then I wouldn't mind, but I wouldn't want to see it for sale on Turbosquid and the like as I believe happens all too often.

Is it possible to lock a PDO file so that textures and scale can be changed but the mesh can not be extracted?

Crow

Scarecrow

Well, that's been my intention all along, but PDOs allow folk to customise the model. Someone suggested simply providing the part sheets in a scalable format, including just the linework so that folk can make the parts any size and colour it themselves.

It'll be a wehile before I have the model ready to publish, so I've got time to consider it.

Crow

Scarecrow

Those are some gorgeous shots and will help with a couple of things. I'm basing the model, panelling and texturing on the Clone Wars model, though and I've umpteen dozens of screen grabs as reference for that.

Crow

Scarecrow

Okay, the panel lines are pretty much done, I think. There's still a couple of details to mop up and some to adjust, but it's nearly ready for texturing.

Crow

Scarecrow

Texturing nearly complete. There are a few minor pieces still to do I need to balance the tone on the legs with that of the hull as well, but it's nearly unfolding time.

Crow

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That looks magnificent!

Will the legs be movable?

If I had a wish I'd ask you if you could make a LAATi transporter in the same scale when the AT-TE is finished, please. I've been looking for too long for that, and it would make a terrific diorama when displayed together.