Class 6 - Escape Pod

tiluchi

Well, the name is not too familiar, but this is a standard scape pod for many ships, one of them, the Tantive IV from wich R2-D2 and C-3PO scape with the stolen data towards Tatooine.

starwars4_0665.jpg

The model is not too complicated nor big. Its only one letter sheet of pieces and can be assembled in one day.
The design its simple but nice. And even dough it lacks of some details, this one can be added.

This are all the pieces that form the pod.....

And here there is not much to say.... This is how the little model grows.

One this steps are finished, this is the result....

This model need a little detail. Researching a little bit about the ship's characteristics I noticed that the model lacks the manouvering jet propulsors in the lower an upper sections of the pod. So it was only matter of adding those.

Only 6 are needed... 3 on top and 3 on the bottom.

And that's it....

dsc04679.JPG

Now.... on to the next one. Wich also I believe its going to be a short one.

Saludos
Tiluchi.

Rogerio Silva

Tiluchi

Your "greebling" did a lot of difference. Those simple models are good to keep off "rust". I liked it, good job.

ishumshark

pretty new
:inmew:That's really cool, I'm a fan of Star wars, but I'm starting on modelling for the first time, and I really like the Startrek models.

dnalor

Yeah...everybody has to start...just jump in with the most biggest challenge you find..
mine was the millenium falcon..

After that all the rest will be easy..
And learning, well...every step building your papercraft ship is the learning curve ...and all the help you need is here at zealot!
just ask..that is how i do it.

so start a thread and Jump onto it :) just as Rogerio Silva says :)

Millenniumfalsehood

Nice work! :D

[nerd]That model is nowhere near the same shape as a Class-6 escape pod. It's too long, the details are not correct, and it has no window on the top hatch.[/nerd] :wink:

Really, you did a great job with this little project. I like the addition of the missing attitude jets.

tiluchi

Thanks... it was an easy one, but fun.
And it may not be as accurated as the class 6... but there is not other, and this one fit perfectly into the time frame that I'm following. So... i didnt mind... Just, use your imagination ok?..hehehehe....:mrgreen:

Soon i'll be posting the next model... another small proyect... any guess?

Saludos
Tiluchi