Christmas Mail

mikezax

Christmas Mail

Scale : 1:10
Author : Jiří Křivohlavý, Tomáš Hrebík
Source : free model - Christmas 2021

When we're in the Christmas mood, I made this little diorama. As a basis, I used a hand-held post sleigh issued by vTOM for Christmas, supplemented with a few packages from models from the Canon website, a few postcards, a tree and some snow ... A few words about postal sleighs:

DP-97-600x402.jpg

The sledge was used to transport consignments between the Dolní Bousov post office near Mladá Boleslav and the local train station. (Czech Republic) This is a unique document for the transport of postal items by hand sledge, which has not yet been documented in our environment, both materially and figuratively. Due to the color of the paint and the location of the emblem of the state enterprise Czechoslovak Post (a Czech lion with a postal horn hung on a tricolor), the sled can be dated to the period after 1925, when the official emblem was introduced for postal road vehicles. (Postal Museum)

I didn't modify the model itself, I just glued the sled so that they wouldn't be so thin, this is how it looks a little better ... a few photos:

DSCN8013.jpgDSCN8016.jpgDSCN8022.jpgDSCN8026.jpgDSCN8027.jpgDSCN8030.jpgDSCN8037.jpgDSCN8045.jpg

mikezax

Thank you, it's such a small thing that will please ... I like to invent various dioramas, when even a simple model can be made into a unique piece ;)