Christmas Cribs

mikezax

Jan 3, 2010
Slovakia
zax.sk
Nativity Set for Kids

Scale: ?

Author: HappyLarkspur, Etsy

The second nativity scene from Etsi is this piece, which is also intended mainly for children. Just like the previous one, I placed this one in a box. That would be the end of the nativity scene this Christmas, there will be more in a year.

DSCN9283.JPGDSCN9288.JPGDSCN9291.JPGDSCN9294.JPG

mikezax

Jan 3, 2010
Slovakia
zax.sk
Tyrolean Lenten nativity scene 1

Author: Philipp Schumacher (1866-1940)

Over Christmas, I watched a TV documentary about nativity scenes, where I learned that, in addition to classic Christmas nativity scenes, which depict the scene of the birth of Jesus Christ, there are also Groundhog Day nativity scenes (on the Feast of the Groundhog Day) and Lenten nativity scenes, which depict scenes from the Christian Easter. I searched the internet to see if it would be possible to get something like this and I managed to find something.
The first one I managed to glue together is this Tyrolean Lenten nativity scene. It is a simpler nativity scene that only contains figures without a background, which can either be assembled as one nativity scene or divided into 7 separate scenes. This is how I proceeded, so I took 7 pieces of 3D images.
I will gradually add pictures from today until Sunday.
Today is Maundy Thursday, so the first 3D image is a scene from the Garden of Gethsemane:

DSCN9619.JPG

mikezax

Jan 3, 2010
Slovakia
zax.sk
Tyrolean Lenten nativity scene 2-5

For Good Friday, I will add another 4 pieces of 3D images that are associated with this day and that is the scourging, putting on the crown of thorns, the way of the cross and the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

2-DSCN9677.JPG3-DSCN9637.JPG4-DSCN9652.JPG5-DSCN9662.JPG

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
In some parts of the U.S.A., the words "Crib(s)" means your apartment. Sometimes when I read the title of your thread, I expect to see an apartment decorated for Christmas. ;)

mikezax

Jan 3, 2010
Slovakia
zax.sk
TO: zathros
That's my English, maybe it should be called nativity scene...;)

Tyrolean Lenten nativity scene 7

We have Easter Sunday and I will add the last image and that is the resurrection of Jesus Christ. And one more common photo of all the images together:

7-DSCN9705.JPG8-DSCN9715.JPG

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
The words "Cribs" is also used just as often. It's actually more proper using "Christmas Crib" for the basket holding the "Christ Child", and "Nativity Scene" for the whole diorama. America is a big country, the slang use of the word "crib" is mostly on the "West coast", i.e. California. You don't need to change the way you express yourself at all. I was just merely pointing to the multiple use of the word. In a way, they both are shelter for someone, so their meaning is fundamentally is the same. ;)

Reactions: Revell-Fan