Can anyone help me and Modify a PDO file?

AdmiralGR

Hi

Is anyone able to help me?

I've got a PDO file of a T-Rex Head and Torso, but I'd like to edit the file so it's only the Head - I've attached a picture of what i mean - i want to Cut the model on the Red line and get a New PDO I can print and make.

Thanks if you can

Thanks

Gareth

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-30 094756.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-11-30 094756.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 5
  • T-Rex-Wall-Hanging-Papercraft.zip
    74.5 KB · Views: 9

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi Gareth,

I tried to convert the pdo into another format using PDOtools and an online pdo to obj converter but unfortunately both failed, so I was unable to cut it at this spot. Instead, I did what I could do and removed everything behind this red line so that you can print the parts you are interested in and skip the unneeded parts:

1.png

That saves you some paper.

If you cannot find someone who is able to convert the pdo into an editable format I'm afraid you will have to assemble the model "as is" and cut the physical model apart along the desired line.

Kind regards
Marcell :)

Attachments

• T-Rex-Wall-Hanging-Papercraft2.zip
    71 KB · Views: 5

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Open the PDO, click on print preview, enlarge or make smaller the image with your browser zoom.
Do a screen grab -( prt sc ) button over the backspace key.
Then open in mspaint, or paint.net or any image editing software.
You can guess where the lines should be for the cut and like Revell-Fan said, just trim after printing.
After you cut the image using the white color option with the line function, simply erase the unwanted parts or drop white paint on them.
GOOD LUCK!

AdmiralGR

Open the PDO, click on print preview, enlarge or make smaller the image with your browser zoom.
You can guess where the lines should be for the cut and like Revell-Fan said, just trim after printing.
After you cut the image using the white color option with the line function, simply erase the unwanted parts or drop white paint on them.
GOOD LUCK!
I missed this. Great idea

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
GOOD LUCK!
That's a great idea! I haven't thought about that. It should do for a rough cut. Basically you only need to mark the starting end ending point on each face, draw a line between them et voilà! :)