Building the GRISSOM

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
UHU glue works the best I've found, and ZIP DRY. :) It looks great though, and yes, with the formers, you do end up with a substantial piece. :)

Reactions: AdmiralGR

AdmiralGR

May 3, 2020
London
English Translation - i ran it thru Google Translate - it's not perfect but it it readable

Admin, can the filter be updated to allow the upload of .docx please

Attachments

• readme-grissom english.doc
    43 KB · Views: 6

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Jan 28, 2013
New Mexico USA
Not overly keen on the seems copydex maybe not be the best glue.....
Yeah! Probably not. Looks way to thick and "Tan?"...there will always be a discussion on what the best glue is to use...But I stick with the one I prefer, and that would be Aleene's Tacky Glue...it is not expensive, comes in various formulas, such as quick-grab, turbo, etc, etc...I prefer the original formula.
For laminations, I use some plain Elmers Glue-All spread with a plastic card and then rolled with a brayer. Or when making up 1mm and 0.5mm sheet stock I will sometimes use 3M spray adhesive.

Reactions: micahrogers

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I too use Aleene's Tacky Glue, or just generic school glue, Elmer's is too expensive for the speed that my grand kids go thru it.

Reactions: Gandolf50

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
That's a real testament to the designer; building not only attractively, but with the forethought to make it structurally sound.

Any progress on those German translations of the instructions?
English Translation - i ran it thru Google Translate - it's not perfect but it it readable

Good base. I'm going through it and will post a revised PDF. thumbsup

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Revision of the Google translation. Not perfect but clearer than before. Feel free to further improve it. ;)

Attachments

• readme-grissom english.pdf
    84.8 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Makes much more sense now "curl" the word I had was "wolves" I worked out what I meant but it threw me keep reading wolves lol
You are welcome. I just made a small revision, so please download the file again. :)

Reactions: THE DC

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013

No, you can upload .jpeg images and .zip them, or .rar and .pdf files. If you need .Docx for instructions, I highly suggest you make a picicture instruction ,jpeg. The upload formats have been carefully chosen, I cannot change that.

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Jan 28, 2013
New Mexico USA
I too use Aleene's Tacky Glue, or just generic school glue, Elmer's is too expensive for the speed that my grand kids go thru it.
I have a bottle that I use and it is still the old formula...hate to say or rather can't say how old the stuff is...over 5 years that's for sure!