Buck Rogers robot "Twiki" custom design thread

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you very much for tackling this project!!!
It looks like you have a good base to work from! I am very curious to see how this will turn out!
Needless to say, I will be following this thread closely!!!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Cory, I am so glad that you have decided to tackle this one. I have seen your model and was about to ask you if you would do it to surprise RB. But then he was faster. ;) :D

I tried to edit the mesh myself but it was too high poly. In fact, SketchUp froze while loading because of that.

One thing I noticed is that the head shape could benefit from a slight refinement. The angle of the dome is pointier on the original as is the chin. The neck and cheeks are a bit wider, too. There is a structure following the shape of the helmet that runs around the neck from Twiki's "ear" to "ear", too. I have attached some pictures to illustrate. Please dont be offended by this, I just want to give you some tips to improve an already great-looking model and now would be the right time to point those things out before the design process has progressed to much. :)

01.jpg02.jpg

dabuck3.jpg

twiki2a.JPG
RB and I have extensive archives if you need additional material. I'm really looking forward to seeing your progress! :)

Last edited:

ShadowCory

So I found that the first image I captured was not the final version of Twiki I had made. That was a ver2, and I found a version 3 which had better dome and face shapes. This is th actual version that is on Thingiverse.

Screenshot 2021-11-24 170036.png
This was as far as I took the sculpt as it's many boolean an remesh operations made it hard to sculpt or add any more details to it. So I just called :done for now" and kept working to make a finished model. I have to do that on many of my projects, otherwise, I'd never finish a thing! :)

ShadowCory

Thanks! This is first test build of the body base area. Made some refinements and am building it out again.