Be Careful Wrapping And Unwrapping Those Chritmas Presents

Go Big1

Wow, that is just unbelievable. I had no idea that such a powerful movement of electrons was occurring just from unrolling scotch tape!

Mountain Man

Wow, that is just unbelievable. I had no idea that such a powerful movement of electrons was occurring just from unrolling scotch tape!

I get the impression nobody did! :-o

Just make sure you don't do it in a vacuum! :mrgreen:
Believe me - I'm greatly tempted!

ezdays

Out AZ way
Don't know about you, but I seldom use a vacuum chamber to wrap my presents in. It makes breathing a bit difficult.:mrgreen:

It turns out that if you peel the popular adhesive tape off its roll in a vacuum chamber, it emits X-rays.

Don't know about you, but I seldom use a vacuum chamber to wrap my presents in. It makes breathing a bit difficult.:mrgreen:

Yeah. Same here sign1

But when you have those special moments, nothing says "I love you" better than wrapping presents in a vaccum chamber.sign1

Pretty interesting article though. Thanks for sharing that Mountain Man.

iis612

That is cool! I could see some great applications for that kind of device.
The question that comes to my mind is: Why are they experimenting with scotch tape in a vacuum chamber to start with?

Mountain Man

Yep...
Just make sure you don't do it in a vacuum! :mrgreen:

iis616: The question that comes to my mind is: Why are they experimenting with scotch tape in a vacuum chamber to start with?

Funny - I had the same thought. The only answer I could come up with was they broke something and were out of duct tape. :rolleyes:

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Yep...

Funny - I had the same thought. The only answer I could come up with was they broke something and were out of duct tape. :rolleyes:
Well, then - why didn't they experiment with the effects of using duct tape in a vacuum, when they got more????

I think they just wanted "Grant money" and this was the only thing they could think of on short notice.. sign1sign1sign1sign1

ezdays

Out AZ way
Well, then - why didn't they experiment with the effects of using duct tape in a vacuum????

I think they just wanted "Grant money" and this was the only thing they could think of on short notice.. sign1sign1sign1sign1
I applied for the same grant. All I needed was a vacuum chamber. All they send me was enough to buy a roll of Scotch Tape...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: