Battlestar Galactica Stealthstar

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
The Rhino model looks just as good (if not better) than the original mesh.
This is going to be a FUN build!!!

blake7

Zathros This viper looks really good! I am gonna keep an eye on this thread. Love to see it in paper.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Major update. I worked hours on this today. There are some fitments that have to be resolved in the fuselage segment. This mesh was a guide, but translating it into something more has meant changing the shapes of many parts. Oh well. :)UP1.jpg UP2.jpg UP3.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I hope and pray that you make a strong recovery and are able to get over it SOON!!!

As for the Stealthstar, it looks FAN(FRAKKING)TASTIC!!!thumbsup
This is REALLY coming together BEAUTIFULLY!!!thumbsup

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My best wishes from me, too! I hope you get well soon! :)

The model is looking better and better! The cockpit reveals the size of the ship because the original designers just copied the cockpit, bubble canopy and interior from the Viper Mk. VII. ;)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
My best wishes from me, too! I hope you get well soon! :)

The model is looking better and better! The cockpit reveals the size of the ship because the original designers just copied the cockpit, bubble canopy and interior from the Viper Mk. VII. ;)

Thanks for that info Revelle-Fan, I was unaware of that. It should make the glass designing a little easier because the one I have is a bit off. :)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
We all hope you get well soon Z, and keep on working on this beauty...

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I appreciate your caring. I definitely am over the hump now. Just have to be careful so it doesn't come back. I was working on my tractor, and had an allergic reaction to something in the deck, which I had to remove to weld up a broken pulley post. The tractor has turned into a nightmare, welder breaking (it was 30 years old), I just got the new one, and started working on it against after two weeks. I am hoping to get it finished to day, as the leaves are piling high, and the tractor tows my vacuum trailer. I can't stand the fall, though it is a great time for working, you don't gt so hot! :)

Paladin

You've done an outstanding job on this beauty Zathros. I had been working on modifying the one that Silveroxide did some time ago. The problem I have been running into is the crazy belly of that thing. Even with some pictures of the movie ship, and the resin model, every time I build my prototype, it just doesn't look right. It's hard to explain, but the underside is not shown with much detail until more recently. Have you been able to get enough on that to make it work? If you are so far ahead on yours, I can defer everything to you, you're obviously doing better than me!!

Attachments

• S-Star1.jpg
    S-Star1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 26
  • BA001_parts.jpg
    BA001_parts.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 83
  • bastealth005.jpg
    bastealth005.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 32

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
You've done an outstanding job on this beauty Zathros. I had been working on modifying the one that Silveroxide did some time ago. The problem I have been running into is the crazy belly of that thing. Even with some pictures of the movie ship, and the resin model, every time I build my prototype, it just doesn't look right. It's hard to explain, but the underside is not shown with much detail until more recently. Have you been able to get enough on that to make it work? If you are so far ahead on yours, I can defer everything to you, you're obviously doing better than me!!

I hope these pics help. This is a very complicated model. I have complete surfaces. The bottom wing has sides top and bottom. Take a while, look at the pics, if you need more, be specific as to exactly what yu need and I will try to post it. :) :

Bo1.jpg Bo2.jpg

Paladin

Great thanks. When I get some more time, I'll try to see how they fit together with the design I have so far.