BATTLESTAR GALACTICA BINGE Sunday 12:00 a.m. E.S.T.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
SyFy is running the whole series in Regular and High Definition starting at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time, back to back!! If you have never see the remark of Battletar Galactica, it is well worth it. Clear those DVR's and get to recording. ;)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Man, I really cleaned up my DVR because of this. THere are some episodes I really want to archive, especially the Tyllium Episode, when Apollo goes into the Cylon asteroid factory, the C.G. was incredible!! :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Newtonian physics at its best! My favourites are "Hand of God" (as you mentioned), the Pegasus arc incl. "Razor", liberation of New Caprica (FTL jump in and out of the atmosphere), "Scar", the episode with the jumps through the radioactive nebula, the Colony fight in the final episode and the opening battle of season 4 - man, that one blew me away!!!

The soundtrack is revolutionary. Here are some of the best pieces:

And of course, THIS:

Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Definitely the cream of the crop episodes. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I watched so many Episodes. I have a 60" LG Plasma TV, a bit old, but the Contrast ratio on that TV is amazing, Black is Black, not so dark grade of Grey. That series still looks so fresh!! Too easy to stay up waay to late watching. :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
60"?!? :surprise: That's impressive.

I have gotten the BluRay of season 4 (for VERY cheap) only because of the director's cut version of the final version which is missing in the German DVD box set. I was pleasently surprised to see a longer version of another episode in the box set, too. However, picture quality was not better than the upscaled DVD picture (I have a Panasonic recorder with a GREAT upscaler). Nevertheless it is good to have it and for only 3 (!) bucks you couldn't do wrong. ;)