Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello All,

Recently, I was conducting an audit of a few BSG templates, when I came across the template for the Battlestar Achilles. After reviewing it, I realized that it appears to be missing a few things. Namely, a word doc (or other form of text) that explains that you need to use the base model of @Jaybats template of the Battlestar Pegasus to complete the model. Here is a pic of the Battlestar Achilles.
09062005(002).jpg

Now, I have gone through everything that I can find that @Jaybats has released, and could not find anything on this model. If anyone has any information as to who released this template or what site it is originally hosted on, that would be great!

Thank you!

ennder

Jul 26, 2008
RB, I found the .rar file. there is no .txt file in mine as well. I did open the pdf file, and go into the properties and found that the name in the author spot is "Marbus", and that the file was created in 2010.
I don't remember anyone using that name back then, but then again, I have a hard time remembering what I did 3 days ago:bulgeeye:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
RB, I found the .rar file. there is no .txt file in mine as well. I did open the pdf file, and go into the properties and found that the name in the author spot is "Marbus", and that the file was created in 2010.
I don't remember anyone using that name back then, but then again, I have a hard time remembering what I did 3 days ago:bulgeeye:
Thank you very much for the information. I greatly appreciate it. I checked to see if the original author was a member of Zealot. Unfortunately, he is not. With that being said, I will see if I can do other searching.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Thomas Modeler
Sep 30, 2008
Found this thread while looking up the actual resource page again. I realize it's a year old, but the resource page has no discussion tab and I have something important to share.

I downloaded this add-on out of curiosity, and discovered that the PDF unfortunately contains a significant error: it includes an additional engine instead of the additional dorsal rib it's supposed to. I messaged Jay (who submitted the resource) about the problem, but I have yet to hear back. But until that's dealt with, you'll have to make a duplicate rib yourself, one way or another. I'll see if I can make a standalone jpeg of it, once it's daytime in the house and I can use the printer.

As far as information about the ship (and the add-on's original designer Marbus) goes, it's quite possible that it originated on the now-defunct Wolf's Shipyard forums. If those forums were archived by the Wayback Machine, that would be a good place to start.

EDIT: I have made the jpeg. Print at 100% size, 300DPI. Hope this helps people.

Attachments

• ZTS_Achilles_Rib_Amendment.jpg
    ZTS_Achilles_Rib_Amendment.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Reactions: mijob