Battery power + Touch Sensor switch for any scale model

Kolokolnikov

Didn't find the correct section to post this thread, posting here because this section is more close to the post theme. May be need new section on the forum, like a "Electronics for models", or somthing like this.

In this circuit I used:
the cheapest touch sensor on a TTP223. (7$ for 30 pc on Amazon).
One 2Т5551 transistor,
TP4056 crarger unit (10$ for 20 pc on Amazon),
and Li-Po Battery 3.7 v 400mA

But since it is the cheapest button, it cannot pass high currents through itself. Therefore, I decided to use a transistor switch to bypass the button.
Below is the connection circuit diagram, not in the usual form, it is easier to read for those who do not know how to read classic circuit diagrams.
The touch button works great through 1.5mm laminated cardboard and acrylic paint.

Power + Touch Sensor_ENG.jpg

Attachments

• Power + Toutch Sensor_ENG.pdf
    468.4 KB · Views: 3

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
That's more than a touch unit, it's also a Lithium Ion Battery charger. If you just need a touch switch, tis may be a bit overboard, but then again, inside of a model, it would give you the ability to have a self contained model withh a battery to light up everything, and be recharged. Figuring a 1.7(+/-) voltage drop for each LED, you have to do ohms law to figure out how much this could power. There are sites that will tell you this. Do a forum search and you will find the (quite a few) I've posted. Well priced!! :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Kinda cheap and weird, but I have used this many times in paper-

View attachment 194150

That's a god on off switch, the other schematic was much more than a switch. Theorhetically, it could be used to turn on a much more powerful Power Regulator I.C. which could then power motors and LEDs. With conductive epoxy, a switch could be made using any two pieces of paper and having them connect, by pressing, sliding, or a momentary switch, hooked up to a 555 timer I.C. :)