Banana PC jr. 6000 - Alpha Build

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
That's really professional looking. Put an Arduinio Arm chip (or Raspberri Pi, or whatever the latest one is) in there, with a cheap 1080p LCD Panel, Keyboard, Universal Card reader you will have the ability to interface with USB and Ethernet, WiFi too. You could get a fortune for that!! It would be true performance art! :)

DJPinter

Trusted Confidant
Case Back Lessons Learned
  1. Laminate parts then cut instead of having multiple parts cut out and trying to glue them together. e.g.B.0.10 & B.1.10.
  2. When the two part epoxy says that it sets in six minutes I don't have enough time to paint all the joints.
    1. Epoxy stuck on your fingers and transferred to the model WILL NOT COME OFF THE MODEL.
  3. Get a better gig for glueing panels together.
  4. Vent cutting requires a really sharp knife blade.
  5. Don't put the bays (B.1.2, B.1.3, B.3.2) on the back until all the panels are glued together so that I can use a square to verify that the angle between back panel and the side/top/bottom panels is 90 degrees.
  6. Attach the handle recess (B.0.4a, B.0.4b & B.0.4c) on the top panel after the top panel has been glued to the other panels and B.0.7 & B.0.6 are attached.
  7. Put the Apple/Veidt fee on the bottom after the case back is assembled.

Last edited:

DJPinter

Trusted Confidant
That's really professional looking. Put an Arduinio Arm chip (or Raspberri Pi, or whatever the latest one is) in there, with a cheap 1080p LCD Panel, Keyboard, Universal Card reader you will have the ability to interface with USB and Ethernet, WiFi too. You could get a fortune for that!! It would be true performance art! :)
I'm not advocating doing that in case someone from Banana Electronics, Inc. is reading this post.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
You could do it for yourself. Manufacturing such an object is a different story, but if you did one, and showed people how you did yours, well, they could send you a "Cease and Desist" now, if they wanted too, free or not, preventing you from distributing it. Of course, once the cat is out of the bag, you could take it down, but it would be out there forever!!

Doing something for yourself though, and making a "Computer" out of it, a one off, that would be hard for anyone to do anything about. ;)

DJPinter

Trusted Confidant
Case Front - Monitor Mat
F.0.9
F.3.1
F.4.3

Laminate two sheets of card stock on the back of F.0.9.

Trace F.3.1 on the front side of F.4.3. Remove the 1st layer of material from the cardboard. Don't remove the corrugated material.
IMG_0470.jpg IMG_0471.jpg

Glue F.3.1 into the recess.
IMG_0472.jpg

Attach F.0.9 to F.4.3.
IMG_0507.jpg IMG_0508.jpg

Last edited:

DJPinter

Trusted Confidant
Case Front - Monitor Frame
Monitor Mat
F.0.5
F.0.6
F.0.7
F.0.8
F.0.12

Insert the Front Logo Badge (F.0.12) into the indicated recess.
IMG_0509.jpg

Attach the Monitor Frame (F.0.5 - F.0.8) to the Monitor Mat.
IMG_0510.jpg IMG_0511.jpg

DJPinter

Trusted Confidant
Case Front - Monitor Bezel
Monitor Mat & Frame
F.0.10a
F.0.10b

Gently form F.0.10a and F.0.10b corners to conform to the inside of the Monitor Mat. Attach the pieces to the Monitor Mat.
IMG_0512.jpg IMG_0513.jpg IMG_0514.jpg

Last edited:

DJPinter

Trusted Confidant
Front Case - Front Case Sides
Monitor Assembly
F.0.1
F.0.3
F.0.4

Laminate a sheet of card stock on the back of F.0.1, F.0.3 and F.0.4
IMG_0525.jpg

Attach F.0.1, F.0.3 and F.0.4 to the Monitor Assembly.
IMG_0535.jpg IMG_0536.jpg

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Here you are just pluggin' away on this, methodically, and really coming up with something quite fantastic!!! :)

DJPinter

Trusted Confidant
While working from home the other day I noticed the back shell was watching me.

“I know, I know. I’ll get back to you soon.”

It seemed to say, “Great. When?”

“Soon, I promise. I’ve redesigned your light kit so it looks like a CRT m, I’ve got a new soldering iron, one of those alligator clip things for holding wires, nine volt battery clips. I even have extra flattened cardboard boxes to make a sibling for you.”

I could tell the half finished model was not impressed. Mostly because there was no reply.

“FINE! I’ll work on you this weekend. ARE YOU HAPPY?!”

“I want a mate.”

“What?”

“I want a mate. You made me this way. Make me a mate that I can relate too.”

“Dude...this isn’t Frankenstein.”

It harrumph at me then replied, “Just make sure you’re fingers free of epoxy, ok? I’ve still got that spot on my back.”

“Sure buddy, I can do that.”

“Oh, and one more thing.”

“Yeah?”

“TELL YOUR FUCKING CAT TO STOP DRAGGING MY PARTS TO YOUR BEDROOM!!”

Last edited: